- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Vera defeats Dzinziruk
By Bill Phanco: Former WBO junior middleweight Sergiy Dzinziruk (37-2-1, 24 KO’s was stopped in the 10th round in a three knockdown performance by WBO NABO middleweight champion Brian Vera (22-6, 13 KO’s) on Friday night at Turning Stone Resort & Casino, in Verona, New York, USA.
Dzinziruk was taken out with blizzard of punches in the 10th when he foolishly backed to the corner and tried to fight Vera from that position. Vera just barely missed Dzinziruk with a big right hand while he was on the canvas in the sitting position after being knocked down. Had that punch landed it’s very likely that Vera would have been disqualified. The fight was stopped after the knockdown by Benjy Esteves Jr.
Dzinziruk, 36, was dropped twice in the 1st after getting hurt by a hard right hand by Vera. Dzinziruk was able to survive and make a fight of it. Vera controlled many of the rounds with his hard right hands and all out assaults in the first minute of every round. It seemed like Vera would try to blow Dzinziruk out in the first minute of each round, and then he’d gas and eat jabs for the next two minutes. Vera was cut over his left eye in the 8th by a solid right hand from Dzinziruk. Vera continued to struggle in the 9th, but then was able to come on in the 10th to get the stoppage win.
It was a good performance from Vera. He showed really good power and aggression in the fight, and was good at catching Dzinziruk up against the ropes in most every round.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015