- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Maddalone vs Carmack On Long Island
Star Boxing’s acclaimed “ROCKIN FIGHTS” series will return for it’s 8th installment on SATURDAY, May 11 at The Paramount in Huntington, New York headlined by a ten round heavyweight clash between New York fan favorite Vinny Maddalone, 36-8 27KO’s and undefeated Kansas City, Missouri native Richard Carmack, 12-0 10KO’s.
“We’re thrilled to return to The Paramount with this heavyweight clash headlining our “ROCKIN FIGHTS 8″ card on Saturday, May 11″ said Joe DeGuardia, President of Star Boxing. “We’re expecting another sold out event and encourage boxing fans to purchase tickets in advance to ensure entry.”
Star Boxing has earned national praise for it’s resurgence of professional boxing on Long Island with its first seven events at The Paramount resulting in packed houses of passionate local fans.
Maddalone returns to action following a devastating third round knockout of Byron Polley on December 8, 2012 at the Resorts World Casino in Queens, New York.
Prior to the win over Polley, Maddalone traveled to Somerset, United Kingdom on July 7, 2012 to battle heavily hyped prospect Tyson Fury. Maddalone fought his heart out as usual but the bout was stopped in the fifth stanza due to a bad cut under Maddalone’s left eye, Fury being declared the winner by technical knockout. Maddalone has fought some of the best fighters in the World including World Champions Evander Holyfield, Tomasz Adamek, Jean-Marc Mormeck, Al Cole
The 24-year-old Carmack, 12-0-0 (10KO’s), is coming off a show stopping, one punch knockout of perennial contender Carl Davis, Jr. on November 16, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois.
Further details on “ROCKIN FIGHTS 8″ including an action packed undercard featuring numerous local prospects will be announced shortly.
Advance tickets priced at $50, $100, $150 and $200 are now on sale through Ticketmaster, (www.Ticketmaster.com, 800-745-3000) or through The Paramount Box Office, (631) 673-7300 in addition to the Star Boxing Office, (718) 823-2000 or on their website, www.StarBoxing.com. Doors on the evening of the event will open at 7PM with the first bell at 8PM.
The Paramount is located at 370 New York Avenue, Huntington, New York, 11743. For directions and more information, please visit their website at www.paramountny.com
ABOUT STAR BOXING:
Star Boxing Inc. is celebrating its 20th Anniversary in 2012. Star Boxing has worked to produce some of the most exciting and memorable boxing events in recent history. Star has continued to work with and develop a number of very exciting world champions, world rated contenders and young prospects. Star has consistently brought credibility, integrity, and exciting fights to the boxing industry. For more information on Star Boxing, visit their official website at www.StarBoxing.com and follow them on Twitter @ Star Boxing and Facebook at Star Boxing.
ABOUT THE PARAMOUNT:
Opened September 30, 2011 this 1,555 capacity live entertainment venue located in downtown Huntington, Long Island, features concerts, boxing, comedy, community and other special events. Booked by Live Nation, the Paramount has hosted over 150 events in its first year of operation and quickly established itself as the premier music venue on Long Island. Some recent acts to take the stage include Pitbull, Taking Back Sunday, The Pixies, Elvis Costello, Warren Haynes, Willie Nelson, Brand New, Goo Goo Dolls, Primus, Marilyn Manson, Korn, The Wanted, The Script, Panic! At the Disco and many, more.
ABOUT MODELL’S SPORTING GOODS
Founded in 1889, Modell’s Sporting Goods is the local family sporting goods destination that provides a convenient and compelling shopping experience for the athlete and fan in all of us. Modell’s offers customers an assortment of top brands in sporting goods equipment, footwear and active apparel for every level of play year round. The retailer operates 153 stores located in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC. In addition to www.Modells.com, which services customers all over the country.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015