- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Warren Browning vs William Shahan for UBF US-Northeast & West Virginia Heavyweight title
PHILADELPHIA, PA (October 11, 2013)— Black Eye Promotions presents “King of the Coal Fields 9”, Friday, October 25, 2013 at the Madison Civic Center in Madison, West Virginia. In the main event, two natives of the mountain state step into the ring for the Universal Boxing Federation (UBF) US-Northeast and West Virginia heavyweight championship. WARREN “THE HITMAN” BROWNING(17-3-2, 12 KO’s) of Lenore, West Virginia clashes will WILLIAM “WILD BILL” SHAHAN (9-5, 8 KO’s) of Glenville, West Virginia in a scheduled 10 round bout.
Browning fought twice for the WBC United States (USNBC) title, once at cruiserweight and once at the heavyweight division. On July 13, 2013 Browning fought to a draw for the vacant West Virginia heavyweight title against three time state titlist BOBBY THOMAS JR. The fight was a back and forth match that not only impressed the fans in attendance but it also caught the eye of the UBF’S RICHARD SPILOTRO.
“I was very impressed with Browning’s last outing; the fight against Bobby Thomas was a great fight, as a fan I would love to watch the “Rubber Match” between the two, but Browning will face the hard puncher Bill Shahan and both fighters have something to prove, the UBF is humbled to have these two warriors face off for our regional title.” – Said Spilotro
Shahan is hoping that with the proper training and dedication, he will be able to derail Browning and hold up two heavyweight titles in victory. “Wild Bill” fought twice before for regional titles and came up short twice, both times against the then undefeated Justin Howes. Shahan is working towards his Master’s Degree in Administration and is currently employed as a Mathematics teacher at Braxton County Middle School.
He lives in Clarksburg along with his wife and they are expecting a baby girl in November. Shahan stated, “Not too many people get the opportunity to achieve their dream, but I am getting my third chance before my baby girl gets here.” He is the son of William and Barb Shahan.
Five professional bouts and nine amateur bouts will be presented as part of the event.
In other featured professional action, undefeated cruiserweight contender CHRIS “NO JOKE” JONES (5-0 3 KO) of Richlands, Virginia takes on TERRANCE WATSON of Danville, Virginia, heavyweight JUSTIN NOVARIA of Zanesville, Ohio faces GEORGE OILER from Beckley, cruiserweight contender CORY PHELPS (13-6-1 7 KO) returns to the ring against CULLEN ROGERS of Akron, Ohio, and super middleweight prospect DON PENNINGTON (2-0 2 KO) of Huntington will fight TIERRE KING of Akron, Ohio.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES