- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
WBF Unveils MASIS made New Belts
The World Boxing Federation unveiled their new set of championship belts proudly made by CEO Johnny “Masis” Najjar from Masis Boxing Belts yesterday at a press conference in Vienna to open the ‘Pro-Gym Sportcenter’, which will become the training headquarters of WBF Intercontinental champions Gogi Knezevic (middleweight) and Timy Shala (light heavyweight).
Both of them were of course on hand to present the new WBF belts to the public for the first time. The presentation was conducted by WBF Austrian Representative Peter Pospichal together with WBF Executive Committee member Ernst Salzgeber, who both resides in Vienna.
Photo: Peter Pospichal and Eva Voraberger with the new WBF championship belts.
Also present, besides representatives of the Austrian national federation of course, was female star Eva ‘Golden Baby’ Voraberger, 16-2 (8), announcing that she is set to clash with undefeated German Raja Amasheh, 15-0-1 (4), for the vacant WBF Womens World Super Flyweight crown at the upcoming WBF World Convention on the first September weekend in Saarbruecken, Germany.
“I want to become one of the first boxers to win this beautiful new WBF world belt,” said Voraberger, and her many fans will surely travel to Germany to see her try in what could well be the sporting highlight of the convention.
Vice President Jean Marcel Nartz, who had to cancel his participation in the belt presentation due to organizational meetings regarding the WBF convention, said:
“These new belts are another step forward on our way to become one of the most important boxing organizations in the world. Our champions must be proud to wear the trademark blue WBF belts!”.
Going by the attention received for them in Vienna, with over 100 guests being impressed, this is surely the case.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity