- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
WealthTV to air Sturm vs. Soliman bout
SAN DIEGO, CA –February 5th 2013 – WealthTV has secured the rights to air the bout between the WBA #2 contender Felix Sturm (37-3, 16KO) and the IBF #1 contender Sam Soliman (42-11, 17KO). The contest received 5 out of 5 star rating from BoxRec.com.
WealthTV will air the fight on February 14th at 10 PM ET during WealthTV’s usual Thursday “Fight Night” time slot. It will be the first airing of the February 1st fight in the United States.
The bout was the first non-title fight for Sturm since 2007 as he looked to bounce back from a tough loss against Soliman’s fellow Australian, Daniel Geale. Soliman put his title on the line twelve times before finally losing it to Geale.
Soliman needed to win this fight in order to put himself in line for an all-Australian IBFtitle fight against Daniel Geale. Geale successfully defended his title against another Aussie, Anthony Mundine, a day before.
“Boxing fans will enjoy this world-class matchup that is exciting from start to finish,” stated WealthTV Director of Live Events Tommy Morris, “A fight of this quality should be seen all around the world and we are happy to be the television outlet for the American boxing fan.”
All of WealthTV’s fights can be seen on WealthTV nationally on Verizon FiOS TV channel 169 and 669 in HD, AT&T U-Verse TV channels 470 and 1470 in HD,along with over 100 cable systems across the country as well as on line viewing on numerous connected devices and via www.wealthtv.com.
IABA UPDATE (2013 ELITE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS TO BE HELD AT NATIONAL STADIUM)
Irish Amateur Boxing Association
The Irish Daily Star sponsored 2013 Elite National Championships finals will be held at the National Stadium in Dublin on Friday, February 22nd.
The Irish Amateur Boxing Association (IABA) had planned to hold the preliminaries, quarter-finals and semi-finals of the Championships at the National Stadium and the finals at the Citywest Hotel in Dublin on February 22nd.
However, IABA President Tommy Murphy confirmed this afternoon that due to financial considerations that the entire tournament will now be held at the National Stadium, the headquarters of the IABA.
He said: “Due to the enormous success of our boxers at the London Olympics, the IABA had initially intended to hold our finals night for the Elite National Championships at the Citywest Hotel to bring our sport to a wider audience.
“Basically, the Citywest Hotel has a bigger capacity than the National Stadium and doesn’t have the same restrictions. We all witnessed the enormous crowds that supported our boxers at the Olympic Games in London and the tremendous atmosphere they created and we were trying reach out to that audience.
“However, following consultation with the IABA Officer Board today we have now decided to hold the entire tournament at the National Stadium.
“As President of the Irish Amateur Boxing Association, I couldn’t stand over a decision which would have financially compromised the Association.”
“The IABA would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. We look forward to welcoming you to the National Stadium for the 2013 Elite National Championships.”
Tickets already purchased for the Citywest Hotel will be honoured. Further ticket information will be forthcoming.
The 2013 Elite National Championships begin at the National Stadium on Friday (February 8th). Boxing starts at 7pm.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity