- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
WealthTV to air Sturm vs. Soliman bout
SAN DIEGO, CA –February 5th 2013 – WealthTV has secured the rights to air the bout between the WBA #2 contender Felix Sturm (37-3, 16KO) and the IBF #1 contender Sam Soliman (42-11, 17KO). The contest received 5 out of 5 star rating from BoxRec.com.
WealthTV will air the fight on February 14th at 10 PM ET during WealthTV’s usual Thursday “Fight Night” time slot. It will be the first airing of the February 1st fight in the United States.
The bout was the first non-title fight for Sturm since 2007 as he looked to bounce back from a tough loss against Soliman’s fellow Australian, Daniel Geale. Soliman put his title on the line twelve times before finally losing it to Geale.
Soliman needed to win this fight in order to put himself in line for an all-Australian IBFtitle fight against Daniel Geale. Geale successfully defended his title against another Aussie, Anthony Mundine, a day before.
“Boxing fans will enjoy this world-class matchup that is exciting from start to finish,” stated WealthTV Director of Live Events Tommy Morris, “A fight of this quality should be seen all around the world and we are happy to be the television outlet for the American boxing fan.”
All of WealthTV’s fights can be seen on WealthTV nationally on Verizon FiOS TV channel 169 and 669 in HD, AT&T U-Verse TV channels 470 and 1470 in HD,along with over 100 cable systems across the country as well as on line viewing on numerous connected devices and via www.wealthtv.com.
IABA UPDATE (2013 ELITE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS FINALS TO BE HELD AT NATIONAL STADIUM)
Irish Amateur Boxing Association
The Irish Daily Star sponsored 2013 Elite National Championships finals will be held at the National Stadium in Dublin on Friday, February 22nd.
The Irish Amateur Boxing Association (IABA) had planned to hold the preliminaries, quarter-finals and semi-finals of the Championships at the National Stadium and the finals at the Citywest Hotel in Dublin on February 22nd.
However, IABA President Tommy Murphy confirmed this afternoon that due to financial considerations that the entire tournament will now be held at the National Stadium, the headquarters of the IABA.
He said: “Due to the enormous success of our boxers at the London Olympics, the IABA had initially intended to hold our finals night for the Elite National Championships at the Citywest Hotel to bring our sport to a wider audience.
“Basically, the Citywest Hotel has a bigger capacity than the National Stadium and doesn’t have the same restrictions. We all witnessed the enormous crowds that supported our boxers at the Olympic Games in London and the tremendous atmosphere they created and we were trying reach out to that audience.
“However, following consultation with the IABA Officer Board today we have now decided to hold the entire tournament at the National Stadium.
“As President of the Irish Amateur Boxing Association, I couldn’t stand over a decision which would have financially compromised the Association.”
“The IABA would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. We look forward to welcoming you to the National Stadium for the 2013 Elite National Championships.”
Tickets already purchased for the Citywest Hotel will be honoured. Further ticket information will be forthcoming.
The 2013 Elite National Championships begin at the National Stadium on Friday (February 8th). Boxing starts at 7pm.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015