- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Weigh-in: Golovkin v. Ishida, Martinez vs. Maderna, Erdei vs. Grachev
(Photo: Sumio Yamada) Monte-Carlo (3/29/13) – WBA middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin, challenger Nobuhiro Ishida, and all four participants of the Monte-Carlo Million Dollar Super 4 Tournament, Edwin Rodriguez, Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna, Zsolt Erdei and Denis Grachev weighed in earlier today for their mega event tomorrow night in Monaco at the Salle d’Etoile. Golovkin tipped the scales at a ripped and ready 159¼lbs. (72.3 kg) while Ishida weighed 158½lbs. (71.9 kg). Rodriguez weighed in exactly at 168lbs. (76.2 kg) for his super middleweight contest against Maderna, who weighed in just below the super middleweight limit at 167½lbs. (76 kg). Former two-division champion Erdei weighed in well below the light heavyweight limit, tipping the scales at 171¼lbs (77.7 kg) while his opponent Grachev weighed in at 174¾lbs (79.3 kg).
The event in Monaco is headlined by red-hot WBA middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (25-0, 22KO’s) defending his title against former world champion Nobuhiro Ishida (24-8-2, 9KO’s). The opening round of the Super 4 tournament matches Edwin Rodriguez (22-0, 15KO’s) against Argentinean Olympian Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna (19-0, 13KO’s) and former two-division world champion Zsolt Erdei (33-0, 18KO’s) squaring off against Denis Grachev (12-1-1, 8KO’s). The card will be distributed in the United States and Canada on PPV by Integrated Sports Media for live viewing at 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT on both cable and satellite Pay-Per-View.
The “Monte-Carlo Million Dollar Super 4″ and Golovkin’s middleweight title defense will be distributed in the United States and Canada by Integrated Sports Media for live viewing at 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT on both cable and satellite Pay-Per-View via iN Demand, DIRECTV, DISH and Avail-TVN in the United States and in Canada via Bell TV, for a suggested retail price of only $24.95. In addition, the event will be available via online Pay-Per-View at: http://www.gfl.tv
The event is promoted by Rodney Berman’s Golden Gloves. The Golovkin-Ishida bout is promoted in association with K2 Promotions, while the Rodriguez-Maderna and Erdei-Grachev bouts are promoted in association with DiBella Entertainment.
Tickets can be purchased by contacting the SBM Reservations Department by phone at: +377 98 06 36 36 (10 am to 7 pm) or email: email@example.com.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015