- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Weigh-in: Golovkin v. Ishida, Martinez vs. Maderna, Erdei vs. Grachev
(Photo: Sumio Yamada) Monte-Carlo (3/29/13) – WBA middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin, challenger Nobuhiro Ishida, and all four participants of the Monte-Carlo Million Dollar Super 4 Tournament, Edwin Rodriguez, Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna, Zsolt Erdei and Denis Grachev weighed in earlier today for their mega event tomorrow night in Monaco at the Salle d’Etoile. Golovkin tipped the scales at a ripped and ready 159¼lbs. (72.3 kg) while Ishida weighed 158½lbs. (71.9 kg). Rodriguez weighed in exactly at 168lbs. (76.2 kg) for his super middleweight contest against Maderna, who weighed in just below the super middleweight limit at 167½lbs. (76 kg). Former two-division champion Erdei weighed in well below the light heavyweight limit, tipping the scales at 171¼lbs (77.7 kg) while his opponent Grachev weighed in at 174¾lbs (79.3 kg).
The event in Monaco is headlined by red-hot WBA middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (25-0, 22KO’s) defending his title against former world champion Nobuhiro Ishida (24-8-2, 9KO’s). The opening round of the Super 4 tournament matches Edwin Rodriguez (22-0, 15KO’s) against Argentinean Olympian Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna (19-0, 13KO’s) and former two-division world champion Zsolt Erdei (33-0, 18KO’s) squaring off against Denis Grachev (12-1-1, 8KO’s). The card will be distributed in the United States and Canada on PPV by Integrated Sports Media for live viewing at 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT on both cable and satellite Pay-Per-View.
The “Monte-Carlo Million Dollar Super 4″ and Golovkin’s middleweight title defense will be distributed in the United States and Canada by Integrated Sports Media for live viewing at 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT on both cable and satellite Pay-Per-View via iN Demand, DIRECTV, DISH and Avail-TVN in the United States and in Canada via Bell TV, for a suggested retail price of only $24.95. In addition, the event will be available via online Pay-Per-View at: http://www.gfl.tv
The event is promoted by Rodney Berman’s Golden Gloves. The Golovkin-Ishida bout is promoted in association with K2 Promotions, while the Rodriguez-Maderna and Erdei-Grachev bouts are promoted in association with DiBella Entertainment.
Tickets can be purchased by contacting the SBM Reservations Department by phone at: +377 98 06 36 36 (10 am to 7 pm) or email: email@example.com.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity