- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Weights: Matthysse 138.5, Dallas Jr. 139.5
Photos: Craig Bennett/SHOWTIME — LAS VEGAS (Jan. 25, 2013) – All the boxers competing on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING and SHOWTIME EXTREME tomorrow, Saturday, January 26, made weight Friday at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
The always-exciting, hard-hitting WBC Interim Super Lightweight World Champion Lucas Matthysse (32-2, 30 KO’s), of Trelew, Argentina, will defend against confident, upset-minded Mike “The Silent Assassin” Dallas Jr. (19-2-1, 8 KOs), of Bakersfield, Calif., in the main event on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING live on SHOWTIME® (10 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast).
In what will be an exciting co-feature, Selcuk Aydin (23-1, 17 KO’s), of Trabzon, Turkey, will be opposed by Jesus Soto Karass (26-8-3, 17 KO’s), of Los Mochis, Mexico, in a 10-round junior middleweight match. Jermell Charlo (19-0, 9 KO’s), of Houston, Texas, collides with Harry Joe Yorgey (25-1-1, 12 KO’s), of Bridgeport, Pa., for the vacant WBC Continental Americas Super Welterweight Title in the opening bout of the SHOWTIME telecast.
The main event on SHOWTIME EXTREME (8 p.m. ET/PT) will pit unbeaten 2008 Mexican Olympian Francisco Vargas (13-0, 10 KO’s) against Ira Terry (26-10, 16 KO’s), of Memphis, Tenn., in a 10-round junior lightweight bout. Philadelphia’s Julian Williams (10-0-1, 5 KO’s) takes on Jeremiah Wiggins (10-1-1, 5 KO’s), of Newport News, Va., in an eight-round super welterweight SHO EXTREME opener.
Tickets priced at $150, $100, $75, $50 and $25, plus applicable taxes, fees and services charges, along with a limited number of VIP suite seats priced at $125, are on sale at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Box Office, all Ticketmaster locations, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at (800) 745-3000.
The SHOWTIME tripleheader is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona and AT&T with Matthysse vs. Dallas being presented in association with Arano Box Promotions and Goossen Tutor Promotions, Aydin vs. Soto Karass being presented in association with Arena-Box Promotion and Charlo vs. Yorgey being presented in association with Banner Promotions.
WEIGHTS: Matthysse weighed 138.5 pounds, Dallas Jr. 139.5 pounds; Aydin tipped the scale at 149 pounds, Soto Karass 148. Charlo and Yorgey each weighed 153.5 pounds. Vargas weighed 131, Terry 129; Williams weighed 154.5 and Wiggins, 151.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity