- RICKY HATTON: “CHARITY BIKE RIDE IS AMONGST MY BIGGEST ACHEIVEMENTS”
- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
Welborn & Carruthers: Who Dares Wins
Jason Welborn and Terry Carruthers meet in a British Eliminator and Midlands Area Light Middleweight Title fight at the Holiday Inn, Birmingham, on Thursday, 19th December.
It has all the makings of a real Christmas cracker!
Black Country boxer, Welborn, has been in impressive form since stepping up to light middleweight. The 27 year-old convincingly beat Poland’s Tomasz Mazurkiewicz in June before being crowned British Masters champion thankss to a points victory over Max Maxwell in September.
Birmingham’s Carruthers is the current Midlands Area Champion after picking up the then vacant strap with a convincing points victory over Steve Spence last month.
“It’s our Christmas gift to Midlands boxing fans,” said Promoter, Errol Johnson. “This is the one people have been asking for.
“Jason and Terry are both well respected and popular fighters. They’re both come-forward fighters and, with a belt and a shot at the British Title up for grabs, it’s going to be a festive fight fest!”
EJKO Promotions’ Boxing Dinner Show, in association with Birmingham Boxing, also features a three-fight undercard.
Tipton featherweight, Lee Glover, takes on the ever-green Kristian Laight. ‘The Tipton Slasher’ made a welcome return to the ring in September following a near two-year absence and has recovered from the chest infection that ruled him out of action on EJKO Promotion’s recent ‘Double Trouble 2’ show.
Birmingham’s Karl Wiggins will be looking to build on his professional debut victory over Jamie Zaszlos last month when he takes on the experienced Matt Seawright.
Completing the card is Birmingham light welterweight prospect, Michael Rooney. The 24 year-old made it a hat-trick of professional victories on Saturday evening with a comfortable points win over Ben Morrish. He faces Brummie veteran, Sid Razak.
Tickets for ‘Who Dares Wins’ are £60 and include a three-course meal. Doors open at 6.30pm with dinner served at 7.00pm. Boxing commences at 9.00pm. Call 07540 990 166 or 07450 458 293.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say