- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Welterweight Showdowns Highlight the Final Show of 2013 for Thompson Boxing Promotions
ORANGE, Calif. (Nov. 7, 2013) – Thompson Boxing Promotions closes out its promotional year with seven stellar fights, highlighted by welterweights Artemio “King” Reyes (20-2, 16 KOs) and Giovanni “El Gallo de Oro” Santillan (10-0, 6 KOs) in separate 8-round fights on Friday, Nov. 22, at the Doubletree Hotel in Ontario, Calif.
Reyes, fighting out of Colton, Calif., is coming in red-hot after winning four out of his last five contests by knockout. He goes up against Francisco Reza (12-7, 9 KOs) of Mexico in what promises to be an all-action affair.
“He likes to come forward and press the action,” Reyes said. “He’ll try to settle into a groove early, but I’m not going to let him get comfortable. I’m coming out sharp, hungry and ready for another knockout win.” Reyes last headlined a Thompson Boxing show in July and made quick work of Sergio Perez, knocking him down twice to score a third round KO win.
Tickets priced $100, $60 and $40 are on sale now and can be purchased by calling (714) 935-0900. For more information please visit www.thompsonboxing.com.
In the co-main event, the undefeated Santillan is fighting for the fifth time this year and standing in the way of his flawless record is the tough Michael Balasi (10-2, 7 KOs) of Honolulu, Hawaii. Santillan, out of San Diego, has looked impressive in his second year as a professional and is looking forward to finishing 2013 with an exciting performance.
“I’m always looking to give the fans something to cheer about,” said the 21-year-old Santillan, who, like Reyes, is promoted by Thompson Boxing. “Balasi will provide a challenge and he’s a fellow lefty so I’m sure we will have our fair share of exchanges in the middle of the ring.”
The Friday night of boxing marks the return of the much-heralded lightweight prospect Jose Roman (14-1-1, 11 KOs) of Orange, Calif. against Hector Miguel Zuniga (13-3, 8 KOs) of Tijuana, Mex. in a 6-round fight. It has been nearly a year since Roman last fought, which was a close split decision loss to Robert Osiobe. Managerial issues then ensued, which caused Roman to be inactive up to this point.
“I haven’t been this excited to fight in a very long time,” said Roman, who recently signed an exclusive promotional contract with Thompson Boxing Promotions. “The business side of the sport took me out of the ring for longer than expected, but I remained active in the gym knowing that I would get my chance sooner or later. I can’t wait for November 22.”
The fourth fight of the night features undefeated heavyweight Javier Torres (5-0-1, 3 KOs) of Los Angeles versus Kevin Howard (3-11-1, 1 KO) of Detroit, Mich. in a 4-round bout.
Preceding Torres-Howard, is a 6-round welterweight bout between Oscar Godoy (11-2, 6 KOs) of Watsonville, Calif. and Los Angeles-native Ricky Duenas (12-2, 6 KOs).
Heavyweight Justin Goslee (2-0, 2 KOs) of Los Angeles looks to remain unbeaten against an opponent to be named later (4-rounds).
Colombian welterweight Oscar Torres makes his professional debut against Carlos Herrera (0-2) of Tijuana, Mex. The first bout is scheduled for 4-rounds.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the first bell rings at 7:45 p.m. The Doubletree Hotel is located at 222 N. Vineyard Dr. Ontario, CA 91764 and can be reached at (909) 937-0900.
“New Blood” is presented by Thompson Boxing Promotions and sponsored
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader