- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- KNOCKOUT REALITY SHOW BRINGING BOXING BACK TO THE MAINSTREAM
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
- Ceylan to fight Urena at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
World Boxing Federation (WBF) Convention Set To Start
The Convention of the World Boxing Federation is all set to start officially tomorrow with the arrival of President Howard Goldberg from South Africa this morning at Frankfurt airport, from where he was picked up and coached to Saarbruecken (capital of Sarre federal state), site of the WBF Convention.
Also arriving today were Vice President Jean Marcel Nartz, Executive Director Olaf Schroeder and General Secretary Diana Spasova, who all, living in Germany, had a much shorter trip.
The unofficial part of the WBF Convention commenced with organizational meetings late this afternoon at Viktor’s Residenz-Hotel Rodenhof as well as at the Saarbruecker Newspaper Publishing House (who are supporting partners of the WBF Convention).
The meetings were followed by a dinner with local promoters Oliver Heib and Bernhard Notar of DOG Eventboxing, who will be staging the big WBF Champions Boxing Night on Saturday September 7 at the Saarlandhalle, featuring four WBF title fights.
Guest of honour Donny Lalonde also reached Saarbruecken already today after a long trip with his wife from their home in Costa Rica. Canadian Lalonde, of course, is a former world light heavyweight champion and one of the most popular boxers from his country of all time.
Delegates from around the world will arrive during Thursday for the official opening ceremony later tomorrow.
To learn more about the World Boxing Federation World Convention, and the big WBF Champions Boxing Night on September 7, please visit:
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?