World Boxing Organization announces officials for Abraham – Stieglitz
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO- World Boxing Organization (WBO), by president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, announced today the referee and judges who will work this Saturday, March 23, in the world title bout between super middleweight champion Arthur Abraham and former champion Robert Stieglitz, to be held at the Getec Arena in Magdeburg, Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany, in a Sauerland Events presentation.
For this WBO super middleweight (168 pounds) championship fight, that have Abraham (36-3, 28 KOs) in his second title defense against Stieglitz (43-3, 24 KOs), the #1 ranked, the referee will be Michael Ortega, from United States.
Meanwhile, the judges for Abraham-Stieglitz are Cesar Ramos, from Puerto Rico, Jose Ignacio Martinez, from Spain, and Clark Sammartino, from United States. The WBO supervisor for this fight will be Istvan Kovacs.
This is a rematch for Abraham and Stieglitz, who clashed in August, 2012, when Abraham beat Stieglitz by unanimous decision to win the WBO 168 pounds belt.
- Malignaggi/Judah full undercard
- Barker vs Sturm – Weigh-In Video
- Ricky Boylan Interview
- Malingaggi vs. Judah & Trout vs. Lara: Four highly skilled fighters two 50-50 fights
- Liam Cullen Interview
- Enzo Maccarinelli faces Courtney Fry on Saturday
- Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko & Tapia vs. Kirkland: Return of the 122 King and a classic prospect versus vet matchup
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious