- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
- Ceylan to fight Urena at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
- M-1 Challenge 46 Fact Sheet for Friday in Russia
World Boxing Organization congratulates Nonito Donaire
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO- World Boxing Organization (WBO) president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel congratulated today Nonito Donaire, the WBO superbantamweight champion for his Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA) award. Valcarcel also shows proud to the BWAA Fight of the Year Award for the bout between Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao on December 8, 2012, that crowned Marquez as the WBO Champion of the Decade with his victory.
“We (the WBO) want to congratulate Nonito Donaire for this achievement, being elected as the Boxer of the Year. We are proud of Donaire because he is a great champion, one of the best now, and a good person. It’s an honor to have Donaire as our champion”, Valcarcel said. “I want to congratulate too Robert Garcia for his Trainer of the Year Award. Robert is a good friend of mine, but also is one of the best trainers in the sport. He has a good group of fighter and a good future with them”.
Donaire (31-1, 20 KOs) fought four times in 2012, starting on February with a win over Wilfredo Vazquez Jr., when he got the WBO superbantamweight title. In July, Donaire beat Jeffrey Mathebula in his first title defense. Then, Donaire knocked out Thoshiaki Nishioka and Jorge “Travieso” Arce in October and December, respectively, for a great 2012 year.
Meanwhile, Valcarcel talked about the Figh of the Year Award winner, the fourth bout between Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KOs) and Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KOs) that ended in a 6th round KO win for Marquez, but in a exciting fight. The bout had Pacquiao down in the third round, Marquez down in the fifth rounds and then an overhand right from Marquez sent Pacquiao to the canvas definitely in round six.
“We knew this was a great fight and don’t let us down. Pacquiao and Marquez are two legends and in this fight they showed their talent to the world in an exciting fight”, Valcarcel said. “We are very proud of Marquez and Pacquiao, great WBO champions”.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?