- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
World Championship Boxing Returns to OK
They’re still talking about it …
Those fortunate enough to be in attendance at the Cox Convention Center on September 20, 2012 will never forget what was, in their opinion, the greatest boxing match ever held in the Sooner state, as Oklahoma City native Noah Zuhdi bested Panamanian German Jurado in a 12 round unanimous decision to claim the WBU World Lightweight Championship.
Now, it’s time for our newly crowned hometown champ to defend his title. And it isn’t going to be easy.
On Saturday, August 24, beginning at 7:00 WBU Lightweight Champion Noah Zuhdi (16-1,12 KOs) will face Gyula Vajda (12-3, 8 KOs), of Hujdahdhaza, Hungary in defense of his title at the Lucky Star Casino in Concho, Oklahoma.
WBU President Don “Moose” Lewis is looking forward to the event.
“What I know about Noah Zuhdi is that he is a competitor, who will fight the absolute best opponent available in order to leave beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is the champion,” he said. “Like Noah’s last battle in Oklahoma City, this fight has all the makings of another instant classic.”
Produced by catBOX Entertainment, the previous fight was the first title fight ever of its kind to be held in Oklahoma City, and the current fight will most certainly make history as well.
Lewis says the title of WBU World Champion has been held by some of the greats in the sport.
“Noah Zuhdi’s name proudly goes alongside those of Ricky Hatton, Thomas Hearns and George Forman,” he said. “Mickey Ward, subject of the Academy Award winning film “The Fighter,” has also held the title.”
Lewis adds that Zuhdi is a totally unique champion.
“Noah is a practicing attorney who doesn’t cut any corners in his pursuit of winning,” he said. “The people of Oklahoma City should be very proud of their champion and flock to the Lucky Star Casino on August 24 to see him in action.”
Joe Louis II, Vice Chairman of the WBU and son of the legendary Heavyweight Champion Joe “The Brown Bomber” Louis, said “Zuhdi-Jurado was the best fight I’ve seen in 10 years, and on a personal bases I’m incredibly proud to know Noah as a friend and I believe he is an extremely great asset for the sport of boxing. Noah is a true champion, both inside and out.”
Also on the card will be native Oklahoman and extremely popular fighter Bo Gibbs (8-0, 5 KOs), Carny, OK vs. TJ Jones (14-16, 7 KOs) from Oklahoma City in the super middleweight class. Bo is very quickly moving up the rankings with his impressive crowd pleasing style and toughness.
A hometown boy for Lucky Star will also be on the card as Joe Blurton from El Reno makes his pro debut. Creek Nation heavyweight Darren DeLune (1-0), Bald Hill, OK will be looking for his second win.
catBOX Entertainment adds that other fights will be announced soon.
Tickets can be purchased at www.ticketstorm.com. For more information, visit www.catboxentertainment.com or www.zooamp.com. For photos or other publicity information, please
LUCKY STAR CASINO, see you at the fights 7:00 pm Saturday, August 24th!
Produced by catBOX Entertainment and C3 Fights.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity