World Series Of Boxing: Germany Beat England
The British Lionhearts remain on course for a place in the last-eight of the World Series of Boxing despite losing its final away fixture of the season 5-0 to the German Eagles at the Kuppelsaal Congress Centre in Hannover tonight.
The defeat leaves the Lionhearts in third place of group B with 15 points from nine fixtures and means the team is guaranteed a position in the playoff phase of the competition.
A tough night in Hannover saw a young Lionhearts line-up receive no reward for some courageous performances against a much more experienced German team.
At light heavyweight, Lawrence Osueke put in a very promising performance on his debut in World Series Boxing. Whilst in the final bout of the evening, Uaine Fa, can consider himself unfortunate to finish on the losing side of the judges’ scorecards after a closely fought heavyweight clash with Emir Ahmotovic.
The Lionhearts return to London next Friday (1 March 2013) to put the team’s 100% home record on-the-line in its final fixture of the regular season at York Hall against a strong Ukraine Otamans outfit containing London 2012 gold medallists, Vasyl Lomachenko and Oleksandr Usyk.
A victory for the Lionhearts will keep them in third place in Group B and mean a probable quarter-final against either Hussars Poland or the Argentina Condors.
Tickets for the Ukraine match are nearly sold-out but the last few can be purchased at www.britishlionhearts.com or from York Hall on the door.
The results from all of tonight’s bouts are below. Details of the scores can be seen at http://www.worldseriesboxing.com/index.php/fixturesandresults/results.
- OSCAR DE LA HOYA ELECTED TO THE INTERNATIONAL BOXING HALL OF FAME
- Adrien Broner and Marcos Maidana media conference call MEDIA
- Three R&R Promotions fighters collect WBC USA titles over the weekend
- Josesito Lopez quotes
- Manny Pacquiao Is Back On April 12, At The MGM Grand, Las Vegas
- Bob Arum: “We’re Willing To Make Anything Happen”
- De La Hoya, Trinidad and Calzaghe all headed into The Hall of Fame – all three greats fully deserving of the honour
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights
- Stevenson obliterates Bellew; Kovalev crushes Sillakh