- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
World Title Shot For Boxing Big Brother Star Angel McKenzie
Angel McKenzie Steps In To Face Jennifer Retzke, After Mikaela Laurén Pulls Out Of Historic 5th July Title Clash At York Hall.
McKenzie, who is also an artist and singer, shot to fame, in 2009, after being selected as one of the housemates for Big Brother series 10. Whilst not making it to the finale of the series, McKenzie was a popular contestant, a large part due to her quirky sense of humour.
Big Brother wasn’t the only TV show McKenzie appeared on, a year or so later she also made it through to final eight of Noel Edmund’s Red or Black show.
In July 2009, shortly after being evicted from the Big Brother house, McKenzie made history, by taking part in the first Female boxing match to be broadcast live on network TV in the UK.
With many of her former Big Brother housemates ringside, McKenzie put on a solid performance to beat seriously tough Welsh lass Lana Cooper by a 39-37 points margin.
In the past four years since, McKenzie has fought a succession of the sports biggest stars, German GBU/WIBA Welterweight World Champion Jessica Balogun, twice, France’s former #1 Pound for Pound ranked, multi division WBA/WBF/WBC/WIBF/WIBA World Champion Anne Sophie Mathis, Italian WBF/WIBA/WIBF/GBU Lightweight World Champion Lucia Morelli, Belgium IBF/WIBF Lightweight World Champion Delfine Persoon, German WIBF Light Welterweight World Champion Marie Riederer as well as twice fought the girl she is replacing on July 5th, WBA/WBC/WBO title challenger Mikaela Laurén.
Speaking from the studio, where she has been recording her latest album, a clearly pleased McKenzie spoke briefly on the ‘golden opportunity’ she has been presented.
“I’m just one of a handful of female boxers that represent the UK on the world stage. I’ve fought in Italy, France, Denmark, Ireland and so on, but it’s been over three years since I last fought in England.
To get to fight again in my home city really is special for me, to be fighting for a World title makes it even more special.
Jennifer (Retzke) is one of the top boxers in the World, she’s ranked number one with the IBF, so it will be a hard fight, but I’m used to hard fights.
I’ve fought World Champions before, in fact I fought most of the top girls in my career, but usually in their own country. For once I will have the advantage of fighting in front of my home fans.
York Hall is a very special place to box and when the home fans get behind you they really lift you to another level.
I think this is the first time a Women’s World Title fight has headlined an event in the UK, knowing I am one of those making history on July 5th is going to make me even more determined to fight at my very best.
It would be a dream come true to win a World title.”
Jennifer Rezke versus Angel McKenzie, for Light Middleweight World Championship honors, headlines the Dave Murphy, in association with Acourtier Events, promoted ‘Independence Day’ event, which takes place at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London, on Friday 5th July 2013.
Tickets, priced £30 (Gallery), £35 (Ground floor standard seated) and £65 (Ringside) are available on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com – www.mariannemarston.com – www.acourtier.com – or in person from the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning town – www.tkoboxinggym.com – and Ringtone Gym in Euston – www.ringtonehealthandfitness.com – or from any of the boxers taking part in the event, or call – 07960 850645, 07809 499896 or 07557 641597 for further information.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES