- Payasito” Hernandez Team will ask for Purse Bid
- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
Yamil Peralta: “I am ready to win all of my APB fights!
Lausanne, Switzerland, August 16, 2013 – The AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) “Boxer of the Week” social media campaign has brought this time its followers to Argentina, a country with a massive tradition in pro boxing. Heavyweight (91kg) Yamil Peralta has already marked his country’s boxing history as a young and powerful World Series of Boxing (WSB) Argentina Condors fighter, a London 2012 Olympian and 2010 South American Games and 2011 Pan American Games bronze medalist. He is now going to delight the pro boxing ranks within the revolutionary APB program.
The new APB boxer has answered the questions of our fan-generated interview through facebook (facebook.com/APB.Boxing) and Twitter (@APB_Boxing), disclosing some details of his preparation ahead of turning pro with APB, and the role of the WSB in this transition. The discussion also revealed some private facts about Peralta such as his dedication to his family. “In Argentina we don’t have a lot of money, so I am fighting for the sake of my family. I’m fighting to give them a better future, to give them opportunities and chances that I never had. They remain my main motivation and that is what inspires me to keep training so hard every day”, he confessed.
Peralta, whose records in the WSB are impressive (6-0), is very confident about his upcoming career as a pro within APB. “I’m really looking forward to competing in APB! I am pretty confident that I will manage to get the best possible results from this transition. Let me tell you even more – I really feel ready to win all of my pro fights!”
The full interview is available here http://bit.ly/16QmAgn
Next week, the APB “Boxer of the Week” social media campaign will be back to Asia to introduce to boxing fans a fighter from Uzbekistan. Get your questions ready and publish them as of Monday on APB facebook page https://www.facebook.com/APB.Boxing
APB’s “Boxer of the Week” campaign was launched on May 13th. It is designed to unveil the entire APB boxers’ roster athlete by athlete.
AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) is a pro-style boxing competition program under the governance of AIBA. Prior to the official start of the competition scheduled for 2014, AIBA will stage a number of APB exhibition bouts all around the globe. These bouts will consist of 8 rounds of 3 minutes and will feature some of the best fighters in the world. All the foreseen events will be considered as exhibitions and therefore will not affect the 2014 APB Ranking.
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- Golovkin vs. Geale: Will Daniel thrive or try to survive?
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes