- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
Yoyo vs. Jako WBF Intercontinental Title Fight
South African rivals Mzolisi Yoyo and Luyanda Jako are set to rematch each other for the vacant World Boxing Federation Intercontinental Light Welterweight title on Sunday June 16 at the Orient Theatre in East London, Eastern Cape, in what will be the biggest night of their careers.
They first met in 2008 with Yoyo winning by fifth round technical knockout, and Jako has since that night been longing for a chance to redeem himself.
Reigning South African Champion Yoyo, 20-4 (15), must be considered the favorite, but word out of Gauteng is that Jako, 9-6-1 (4), is travelling to East London in better shape, and more motivated, than ever.
A professional since 1995, Yoyo lost two national title-challenges before finally coming out on top in his third attempt when he dethroned then champion Sikhulule Sidzumo by split decision in 2011.
The strong puncher from the Mdantsane Township, situated between East London and King Williams Town, has since made four successful defenses, all by stoppage, and is now ready to take the next step in his career.
Southpaw Jako made his switch to the paid ranks in August 2006, and already seven months later he won the vacant Gauten Provincial Lightweight title with a unanimous decision over fellow prospect Nicholas Modibeng.
Losing his title the following year, Jako tried to rebound with the fight against Yoyo but it wasn’t his night. Since then he has had mixed results, but he will now finally get the opportunity for revenge he has hoped for in five years.
The Mzolisi Yoyo vs. Luyanda Jako WBF Intercontinental Light Welterweight title fight is the main event of a show promoted by Xaba Promotions, headed by Ayanda Matiti. Also on the bill will be two more title bouts featuring local boxers.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say