- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Floyd "Money" Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- Canelo with huge advantage over Angulo in punch stats
- Fight Report – Martin steals the show as Turner and McIntyre Add Further Titles
- M-1 Global light heavyweight title fight Friday headlines M-1 Challenge 46
- TEENAGE PHENOM MILTON SANTIAGO JR. GOES FOR 3-0 THIS FRIDAY NIGHT IN PHILDELPHIA
- Felix: “This fight is everything to me”
- BUTLER “THE BODY SNATCHER” DELIGHTED WIN KO WIN
- Team USA Wins Seven Gold Medals and the Team Trophy at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
Yuri Foreman continues on comeback trail Tuesday at Seminole Hard Rock
MIAMI (November 6, 2013) – The comeback of former World Boxing Association (WBA) junior middleweight champion Yuri Foreman continues Tuesday night, November 12, 2013 at Hard Rock Live at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
Foreman (31-2, 8 KOs), rated No. 14 by the World Boxing Council (WBC), takes on Mexican invader Javier “Pelon’ Gomez (14-11, 10 KOs) in the eight-round co-feature on “Knockout Night at the Hard Rock Live,” presented by Mo Productions.
The 10-round main event showcases Michael “The Brazilian” Rocky” Oliveira (21-1, 16 KOs), rated No. 7 by the WBC and No. 11 by the WBA, against former Mexican welterweight champion Noberto “Demonio” Gonzalez (19-2, 13 KOs).
JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ ATTENDING “KNOCKOUT NIGHT AT THE HARD ROCK LIVE”
Hall of Famer Julio Cesar Chavez has confirmed that he will be attending “Knockout Night at the Hard Rock Live” to closely watch Michael Oliveira in action. The retired six-time, three-division world champion is the father of professional boxers Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. and Omar Chavez, who is a potential opponent for Oliveira in 2014.
“Knockout Night at the Hard Rock Live,” presented by MO Productions, will air live on SporTV, a Brazilian Sports television broadcaster affiliate to TV Globo Network, and TNC in Argentina.
Nearly four years ago to the day (Nov. 14, 2009) of his upcoming fight, the 33-year-old Foreman dropped Daniel Santos (32-3-1) twice en route to a win by unanimous 12-round decision (117-109 twice, 116-110), to capture the WBA 154-pound title and become one of the few modern-day Jewish world champions.
In 2010, Foreman lost his first title defense to the great Miguel Cotto by ninth-round technical knockout at Yankee Stadium, followed nine-months later by a loss in Las Vegas to New York City rival Pawel Wolak, when Foreman was unable to continue fighting after six rounds.
A consummate boxer whose leg strength is critical, Foreman suffered a knee injury that eventually required surgery, which contributed to his only two losses as a professional. Foreman was out of the ring for nearly two years, returning to win three consecutive decisions over Brandon Baue (DE6), Gundrick King (DEC6) and Jamaal Davis (DEC8) this past July.
“After two years of inactivity,” Foreman explained, “I decided not to rush, taking my time to gradually build myself up to be better than I was before. November 12th is an eight-round fight and, God willing, it will be very successful. Then, it’ll be a 10-rounder and after that, hopefully, I will be positioned once again for a world title fight.”
An aspiring rabbi, Foreman was born in Belarus, moved to Israel, and resides in Brooklyn, New York. He has taken an obvious liking to South Florida.
“This fight is a great opportunity for me in terms of the location,” Foreman said. “South Florida has one of the largest Jewish communities in the US, so it’s important for me to fight there and win impressively. I recently visited South Florida to promote my November 12th fight and, I must say, the Jewish community was very supportive. I want to put on a great fight for them.”
Undefeated light heavyweight Yunieski “The Diamond” Gonzalez (12-0, 8 KOs), a former member of the Cuban National Boxing Team, faces former WBC FECARBOX champion Jinner Guerrero (7-1, 6 KOs), of Ecuador, in a 10-round bout.
In scheduled six-round bouts are unbeaten Cuban featherweight Hairon “El Maja” Socarras (7-0, 5 KOs) vs. former world title challenger Jhon Alberto Molina (32-26-3, 20 KOs) and Bahamian lightweight Valentino Knowles (1-0) vs. TBA (opponent to be announced). Knowles was a silver medalist in the 2011 Pan-American Games.
Also fighting on the undercard in four-round matches are Cuban super middleweight Vilier Quinones (5-0, 3 KOs), a former World Junior Championships gold medalist, vs. Mrcus Brooks (7-15-1, 3 KOs), heavyweight prospect and 2008 Cuban Olympian Robert Alfonso (2-0) vs. Jamal “Knockout” Woods (3-8-1, 3 KOs), Egyptian light heavyweight Ahmed Elbiali (2-0, 2 KOs) vs. Borngod Washington (3-13, 1 KO), and West Palm Beach cruiserweight Steve Geffard (0-2) vs. Lamont Capers (1-2). Oliveira, Gonzalez, Socarras, Knowles, Quinines, Alfonso and Elbiali are all fighting out of Miami. All fights and fighters are subject to change.
Tickets cost $79, $29 and $19*, all seats are reserved and available to purchase at Ticketmaster outlets online at www.myhrl.com, ticketmaster.com or charge by phone: 1-800-745-3000. *Additional fees may apply. Tickets are also available to purchase at the Brizilian Rocky Fight Club in Miami (7500 NW 25th St., Unit 4 – 305-436-0210).
Doors open at 6 p.m. ET with the first bout scheduled for 7 p.m. / ET.
For more information about the November 12 “Knockout Night at Hard Rock Live” event please visit www.MichaelOliveira.com. You may friend Oliveira on Facebook (www.facebook.com/MichaelOliveriaboxing), or follow him on Twitter @RockyOliveira and Instagram @rockyoliveira.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- Randy Petalcorin: “I’m here to win a world title”
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch – 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Danny Garcia and Mauricio Herrera media conference call transcript
- Manny Pacquiao Arrives at LAX / USA
- “Canelo Alvarez, Alfredo Angulo, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Marcos Maidana” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”