- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Zahir Raheem TKO’s Coleman in the Second Round!
Tacoma, WA (November 3rd, 2013) – On November 2nd, former Olympic fighter, Zahir Raheem continued his comeback to the sport of boxing with a dominating performance at Halquist Productions’ Battle at the Boat 93. Headlining the action at the Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma, WA, Raheem made quick work of Tim Coleman who falls to 19-4-1 while Raheem improves his record to 34-3-0 with 21 knockouts.
After easily taking the first round, Raheem came out in the second round and dominated. Quickly after the bell sounded to start the second round, Raheem landed a shot to the gut that dropped Coleman to his knees. After standing up, Raheem then followed to knock Coleman down twice more with right hooks to the body. The finishing move occurred when Coleman stood up for the third time in which he was greeted with a flush left hook to the chin, dropping him in the corner and forcing the referee to stop the contest 2:04 into the round.
Zahir Raheem will look to make his next appearance on the upcoming Battle at the Boat card, tentatively scheduled for January 11th 2014. After easily defeating Santos Pakau, Justin Juuko, and Tim Coleman in 2013, Raheem can anticipate bigger fights headed his way throughout 2014.
“In eight months, Zahir has given us his all in the gym and in the ring,” said Halquist Productions promoter, Brian Halquist. “We couldn’t have asked for anything more. He is absolutely ready for the international stage.”
On the undercard portion of the show, one of the region’s premier prospects, Jeremy McCleary, impressed the local fight crowd with a victory over Manuel Ortega in his pro debut, showing great poise throughout the four round bout, McCleary was able to land his shots efficiently while avoiding most of the punches thrown by Ortega. The contest would go to a decision where one judge ruled the fight 40-36 while the other two scored the fight 39-37 all in favor of McCleary.
The other undercard action was full of fast paced and entertaining action from talent all over the Northwest. Results can be seen below:
Jason Novelli def. Luis Iniguez UD (39-37)(39-37)(39-37)
Jared Teer def. Dex Montenegro UD (40-36)(40-36)(40-36)
Cameron Sevilla-Rivera def. Mark Garcia TKO1 2:44
Marcello Gallardo def. Corben Page UD (40-36)(39-37)(39-37)
Next up for Halquist Productions is CageSport XXIX, scheduled for Saturday, December 7th, at the Emerald Queen Casino. Tickets are available now. Battle at the Boat continues to be the longest running professional boxing series at any casino in the United States. The Northwest promotion has had fights televised on many major sports networks including: ESPN, HBO, and ShowTime. For more information about Battle at the Boat 93 and all other Halquist Production event please visit www.halquistproductions.com and the official Facebook and Twitter Pages of Battle at the Boat and CageSport MMA.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity