- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
Zahir Raheem vs. Justin Juuko on June 1st in Tacoma, Washington
Tacoma, WA (May 29th, 2013) – Halquist Productions and the Northwest’s premier professional boxing promotion, Battle at the Boat, will be returning to the Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma, WA on June 1st for their 92nd installment of world class boxing. In the ten round main event, Zahir Raheem (32-3-0, 19 KO’s) will be taking on Uganda’s Justin Juuko (45-11-1, 30 KO’s). Five other bouts will take place throughout the night including a six round semi-main event featuring Gabriel Pineda (3-0-2, 1 KO) facing off against Dave Petrcyk (4-3-1). Also being featured on the card is CageSport featherweight champion and Tacoma native, Drew Brokenshire, making his professional boxing debut.
Tickets are still available for Battle at the Boat 92, set for Saturday, June 1st, and can be purchased at the Emerald Queen Casino box office or through www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices start at $25.
Raheem made waves throughout the boxing world in 2005 when he easily defeated hugely favored Erik Morales, earning Ring Magazine’s “Upset of the Year” award. The fight was supposed to be the launch to superstardom for Raheem, but after losing a heartbreaking split decision to Acelino Freitas for the vacant WBO lightweight title seven months later, he quickly faded into obscurity and took a break from boxing after back to back victories in 2010. In late 2012, Halquist Productions and Raheem crossed paths resulting in a long term promotional contract between the two and officially starting the comeback to Raheem’s career and his quest to become a world champion.
“We have a plan for Zahir that is going exactly as we hoped it would,” said promoter, Brian Halquist. “That plan was to knock the rust off with two favorable matchups followed by a step up in challengers that will put him in position for a title shot. He’s assembled a great team in Atlanta that has been helping him tremendously on the road to become a world champion. After his June 1st fight, we’ll showcase his talents to the world through TV on his next and third fight as a member of Halquist Productions.”
In March, Raheem fought for the first time in over two years at the Emerald Queen Casino against Toppenish’s Santos Pakau (28-8-2, 11 KO’s). Raheem went to work quickly and effectively using his left hook to the body followed up by textbook headshots that dropped Pakau early leading to a second round TKO.
The semi-main event features two gritty northwest fighters, Dave Petryck and Gabriel Pineda, duking it out for a scheduled six rounds. Petryck was also featured in the semi-main event in March when he defeated Northwest junior welterweight champion, Virgil Green by unanimous decision. Many fans in attendance considered the Petryck/Green fight as the fight of the night consisting of a back and forth war with big shots and strong chins that kept the fight going all six rounds.
The full card for Battle at the Boat 92 featuring many Northwest fighters can be seen below:
Zahir Raheem vs. Justin Juuko
Dave Petryck vs. Gabriel Pineda
Drew Brokenshire vs. William Fernandez
Antonio Neal vs. Carlos Rodriguez
Zach Cooper vs. Charon Spain
Ricardo Maldonado vs. Cory Vom Baur
Marcello Gallardo vs. Anthony Smith
Doors for Battle at the Boat 92, set for June 1st, will open at 6 PM with the first fight scheduled for 7 PM. Halquist Productions continues to be the Northwest’s premier boxing promotion, promoting everything from the region’s top prospects to world title fights that have been seen around the world. For more information about Battle at the Boat 92 and all other Halquist Productions events, please visit, www.halquistproductions.com along with the official Facebook and Twitter Pages of Halquist Productions, Battle at the Boat, and CageSport MMA.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…