- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS ANNOUNCES IRON BOY 16: EL PASO
- Fight Network Presents Galahad vs. Dos Santos LIVE Boxing this Sat. at 5 pm ET
- NY Golden Gloves Champion Earl Newman to make pro debut Oct 4
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
Zahir Raheem vs. Justin Juuko on June 1st in Tacoma, Washington
Tacoma, WA (May 29th, 2013) – Halquist Productions and the Northwest’s premier professional boxing promotion, Battle at the Boat, will be returning to the Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma, WA on June 1st for their 92nd installment of world class boxing. In the ten round main event, Zahir Raheem (32-3-0, 19 KO’s) will be taking on Uganda’s Justin Juuko (45-11-1, 30 KO’s). Five other bouts will take place throughout the night including a six round semi-main event featuring Gabriel Pineda (3-0-2, 1 KO) facing off against Dave Petrcyk (4-3-1). Also being featured on the card is CageSport featherweight champion and Tacoma native, Drew Brokenshire, making his professional boxing debut.
Tickets are still available for Battle at the Boat 92, set for Saturday, June 1st, and can be purchased at the Emerald Queen Casino box office or through www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices start at $25.
Raheem made waves throughout the boxing world in 2005 when he easily defeated hugely favored Erik Morales, earning Ring Magazine’s “Upset of the Year” award. The fight was supposed to be the launch to superstardom for Raheem, but after losing a heartbreaking split decision to Acelino Freitas for the vacant WBO lightweight title seven months later, he quickly faded into obscurity and took a break from boxing after back to back victories in 2010. In late 2012, Halquist Productions and Raheem crossed paths resulting in a long term promotional contract between the two and officially starting the comeback to Raheem’s career and his quest to become a world champion.
“We have a plan for Zahir that is going exactly as we hoped it would,” said promoter, Brian Halquist. “That plan was to knock the rust off with two favorable matchups followed by a step up in challengers that will put him in position for a title shot. He’s assembled a great team in Atlanta that has been helping him tremendously on the road to become a world champion. After his June 1st fight, we’ll showcase his talents to the world through TV on his next and third fight as a member of Halquist Productions.”
In March, Raheem fought for the first time in over two years at the Emerald Queen Casino against Toppenish’s Santos Pakau (28-8-2, 11 KO’s). Raheem went to work quickly and effectively using his left hook to the body followed up by textbook headshots that dropped Pakau early leading to a second round TKO.
The semi-main event features two gritty northwest fighters, Dave Petryck and Gabriel Pineda, duking it out for a scheduled six rounds. Petryck was also featured in the semi-main event in March when he defeated Northwest junior welterweight champion, Virgil Green by unanimous decision. Many fans in attendance considered the Petryck/Green fight as the fight of the night consisting of a back and forth war with big shots and strong chins that kept the fight going all six rounds.
The full card for Battle at the Boat 92 featuring many Northwest fighters can be seen below:
Zahir Raheem vs. Justin Juuko
Dave Petryck vs. Gabriel Pineda
Drew Brokenshire vs. William Fernandez
Antonio Neal vs. Carlos Rodriguez
Zach Cooper vs. Charon Spain
Ricardo Maldonado vs. Cory Vom Baur
Marcello Gallardo vs. Anthony Smith
Doors for Battle at the Boat 92, set for June 1st, will open at 6 PM with the first fight scheduled for 7 PM. Halquist Productions continues to be the Northwest’s premier boxing promotion, promoting everything from the region’s top prospects to world title fights that have been seen around the world. For more information about Battle at the Boat 92 and all other Halquist Productions events, please visit, www.halquistproductions.com along with the official Facebook and Twitter Pages of Halquist Productions, Battle at the Boat, and CageSport MMA.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things