Zatyko vs. Hammer on Klitschko-Pianeta card this Sarturday, May 4th in Mannheim, Germany
When Wladimir Klitschko defends four heavyweight world titles against Francesco Pianeta on Saturday May 4 at the SAP Arena in Mannheim, Germany, two undefeated World Boxing Federation World Champions will clash in a very interesting match-up on the undercard.
WBF Women’s World Super Middleweight Champion Zita Zatyko will defend her crown against World Middleweight titlist Christina Hammer on the massive show televised by RTL in Germany and promoted by K2 Promotions and SES Boxing.
32-year-old Hungarian Zatyko, 15-0-1 (11), won the WBF World Super Middleweight title in November 2011 with a decision over compatriot Diana Kiss in hometown Szekszard. Since then injuries kept her out of the ring for a year, before she returned to action last November with a stoppage of Senegalese Esther Cloete in a non-title bout.
Her first title-defense against Hammer, 13-0 (7), will be a real female Super Fight, as both are arguably number one in their respective weight classes, and considering the fact that around forty thousand spectators will be in attendance and millions will potentially watch on TV, it rarely gets any bigger than this for women’s boxing.
Kazakhstan-born German Christina Hammer turned professional in 2009 and captured the Middleweight WBF World title at only 20 years of age in 2011. Now 22, she is already a seasoned champion with four successful defenses under her belt, and ready for a new challenge at Super Middleweight:
“My goal is to become the best champion in boxing pound for pound, and winning my second world title in two weight classes by beating Zatyko will be another step towards realizing that goal”, Hammer explained when the fight was announced.
Zatyko likely have similar goals for herself, and while Hammer will be boxing on home ground in Germany it remains anybody’s guess who will leave the SAP Arena as WBF World Super Middleweight Champion on May 4. Will the reigning title-holder be able to over-power the challenger, or will Hammer manage to use her technique to out-box Zatyko?
No matter what happens, it should be an interesting encounter. As they say, “Somebody’s O has to go!”
- Weights: Rigondeaux 121, Agbeko 121.6
- Malinga Looks To Mandela For Inspiration Against Hall
- Kazakhstan 4-1 Mexico: The Wolves tear up the Guerreros
- I CAN’T BEHEAD MALIGNAGGI BUT I CAN KNOCK HIM OUT’ ROARS ‘GLADIATOR’ JUDAH AS HE WEIGHS IN ON EVE OF BROOKLYN BATTLE LIVE ON BOXNATION
- “USS” CUNNINGHAM PAUSES TO REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR DAY
- Livestream: Judah vs Malignaggi Weigh-In -3:00 p.m. ET
- Sturm vs. Barker: Weigh-In Results
- Antoine Douglas, Jerry Odom Score KOs on Broadway Boxing
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round