- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
Adams, Gatica, Kopylenko, & Monroe Jr. advance in Boxcino
HAMMOND, IND (March 3, 2014)–Middleweights Brandon Adams, Raymond Gatica and Vitalii Kopylenko scored stoppages while while Willie Monroe Jr. scored a 6 round unanimous decision as all four advanced to the semi-finals of Boxcino 2014 that highlighted a great night of boxing at the Hammond Horseshoe Casino.
Monroe Jr. scored a 6 round unanimous decision over Donatas Bondas.
Bondas pressed forward while Monroe tried to box and move. Bondas ‘oft injured nose started to bleed as early as the 1st frame. In round three, Bondas began to up his pressure and Monroe was trying to move lateral while throwing jabs. Monroe Jr. stayed in the pocket a little more in the 4th round and he began working the body. His agression continued throughout the last half of the bout and Bondad had no answer for it. Monroe was more versatile and won by scores of 59-55 twice and 58-56 twice and 58-56.
Monroe, 160 lbs of Rochester, NY. is now 16-1. Bondas, 160.2 lbs of Chicago, IL. is now 18-5-1.
Vitalii Kopylenko scored two knockdowns in just over three minutes and registered a 2nd round stopapge over Cerreeso Fort.round
Kopylenko buckled Fort with an over hand right in round one. After the opening frame, Fort was already bleeding from his mouth.
Seconds into the 2nd round, Kopylenko dropped Fort from a hard left hook. Fort was clearly hurt and was dropped again from a series of punches. The bout was stopped at 43 seconds of round two.
“Fort was heavy handed and I was patient,”said Kopylenko.
“I did not try to knock him out, it just came.”
Kopylenko, 160 lbs of Kiev, Ukraine is now 23-0 with 13 knockouts.
Said Fort, “I got hit with a shot in the 1st round and was hurt. I tied to bounce back but he hurt me again.”
Fort, 160.2 lbs of St. Paul, MN is now 17-3-1.
Raymond Gatica scored a emphatic 4th round stoppage over previously undefeated knockout artist Sena Agbeko.
The two came out firing with Gatica getting the better of the exchanges. Gatica was more efficient with his punches while Agbeko came in with wide-winging shots. In round three, Gatica landed several shots that snapped the head of Agebko back. It looked like the referee was close to stopping the bout but Agbeko did enough return punching to warrant his continuation. He did mot last much longer as Gatica was all over Agbeko and continued to rock his head with power shots and the fight as stopped at 1:06 of round 4.
“You always have to be ready,” said Gatica. “I knew in the 1st round I had the fight.”
Brandon Adams scored a stoppage after round four when Daniel Edouard did not come out for the 5th round.
Adams found a home in the second round as he landed hard body shots with both hands. Adams continued to score and stay out of harms way. In round four, Adams deposited Edouard on the canvas with a perfect left hook. Edouard got to his feet and ate a few more punches on the ropes. ,
After the 4th round, Edoaurd had enough and pulled the plug on the contest.
“I had a long layoff and my timing wasn’t right. I am a professional and there was no reason to take anymore punishment,”said Edouard
“Getting hit with that left hook discouraged me.”
Said Adams, “I hit him with a good left hook. He was tough and I am happy with my performance. I know I can do better.”
Adams, 160. Lbs of San Diego, CA is now 13-0 with 9 stoppages. Edouard, 160 lbs of West Palm Beach, FL is 23-5-2
Gatica will face Adams while Kopylenko will take on Monroe Jr. on April 18th at the Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona, NY.
Boxcino will continue on March 28th at the 4 Bears Casino in New Town, North Dakota with the lightweight semi-finals that will put Chris Rudd taking on Petr Petrov while Miguel Gonzalez fights Fernando Carcamo in bouts scheduled for 8 rounds.
In the opening bout, Banner Promotions Donovan Dennis scored an explosive 1st round stoppage over Sam Commings in a scheduled 6 round heavyweight bout.
Dennis landed a straight left that made Commings fall back and hit his head with a loud thud against the canvas and the bout was immediately stopped at 1:34 of round one.
Dennis, 226 lbs of Davenport, Iowa is now 9-1 with 7 knockouts. Commings, 264 lbs of West Palm Beach, FL. is now 4-8.
Simeon Hardy was successful in his Banner Promotions debut as he stopped Chad Greenleaf in round five of their scheduled six round middleweight bout.
Hardy dominated the action and dropped Greenleaf twice in round five. The foirst from a hard overhand right and the finisher was from a right that was followed by a booming left hook that knocked Greenleaf out for several moments and the bout was stopped at 2:50 of round five.
Hardy, 157.6 lbs of Brooklyn, NY is now 11-0 with 9 knockouts. Greenleaf, 158.8 of Parkersburg, WV is 13-20-1.
Sergio Montes De Oca and Fidel Navarette battled to a spirited six round draw in a featherweight bout.
Montes De Oca, 124 lbs of Chicago took a card 58-56 while two judges ruled the fight even at 57-57.
De Oca is now 7-2-2. Navarette, 127 lbs of Highland, IN is now 4-0-2.
Mike Jimenez needed just 56 seconds to take care of Jimmy Campbell in their scheduled six round Light Heavyweight bout.
Jimenez scored a knockdown from an uppercut and a follow up flurry ended the bout.
Jimenez, 175 lbs of Chicago is now 13-0 with 10 knockouts. Campbell, 173 lbs of Indianapolis, IN is now 11-7.
Russell Fiore scored a 4 round unanimous decision over Tim Carrizales in a lightweight bout.
Fiore dropped Carrizales twice in the final frame and cruised home with a victory by the scores of 40-34 on all cards.
Fiore, 134.8 lbs of Chicago is 11-2-1. Carrizales, 134.4 lbs of Waukesha, WI is now 4-9-1.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…