- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
Adrien Broner/Carlos Molina Showtime Quotes
ADRIEN “THE PROBLEM” BRONER, Former Three-Division World Champion
“At the end of the day, everybody is looking for Adrien Broner to be this new humble guy. Well, if you’re looking for Adrien Broner to be this new humble guy, you won’t get it. I’m still the same fresh, flashy, young, rich and famous guy. I’m a young man, and I respect every fighter, but I’m ready to fight.
“Molina is a hell of a fighter. Like I said, I don’t disrespect any boxer. It takes a lot to get inside that square circle and I don’t take any boxer lightly. I just want him to be on his A-game May 3.
“Anybody taking a loss that I did, it would probably break them. But coming from where I come from, I’m strong mentally and physically so I’m OK. I’m personally proud of myself and I don’t care that a lot of people are looking for me to just go in here and walk over this guy, but at the end of the day they’re forgetting that he’s not just somebody to walk over, he’s a top-class fighter.
“After this fight they will see that I’m still ‘The Problem.’ Anybody can get it in the ring. I’m still the same guy.
“I know there’s a lot of people that dislike the things that I do, but there’s a lot of people that love the things that I do and they want to see Adrien Broner back on top and I will not disappoint them and anybody who wants to see me.”
CARLOS MOLINA, Junior Welterweight Contender
“We’re working hard for this fight. We’re very humbled to get this opportunity to fight on the big fight, on a Mayweather undercard, against Adrien Broner. We’re excited and we’ll be ready come May 3.
“I know the whole world is seeing me as an underdog, but that just motivates me even more. I think I’ve got a lot to prove in this fight. I’m coming off a loss with Amir Khan, so I’m going to go in there and I’m going to give it my all come May 3rd. I’ve been working extremely hard for this fight.
“I’m just going to continue to work hard and give you guys a great show come May 3. I know what’s on the line. I’m fighting a world-class fighter, so I’m going to give it my all.
“He’s a three-time world champion. He’s the one that’s supposed to put on a show, so I’m right here, just working hard and getting ready for May 3.”
J’LEON LOVE, Undefeated Super Middleweight Contender
“Periban is a tough fighter. I know he’s going to come with his A-game. I’m definitely going to come with my A-game, and that’s what’s makes fights right there.
“I’ve been training extremely hard. I’m definitely focused. It really comes down to May 3. I’m going to put my heart and all my determination into this fight.
“His talent is respected, but we’re definitely going to come in there and give it our all and make sure we come out victorious. I know that he’s trying to make history for his country. I’m trying to make history for my family and me and do what I have to do to win this fight.
“I am young. I’m still learning. I’m definitely there mentally and physically. We made the right decisions for our career and I have the best team behind me.
“I have a job to do and my job is to be in the best shape possible, be mentally focused and physically focused for these fights and this is a big opportunity. I’m making a name for myself, from small time Eastern Michigan; I’m putting all that on the map
and this is what I’ve dreamed of since I was a kid.
“With Periban, he has a great skill set. He’s tough, strong, he’s tall and he’s a rangy fighter. He has a lot of skill and he has a good jab. Anything can happen in this fight and you can’t look past anybody and a guy like him. He can upset a lot of people.
“I’m just being myself. I don’t want to be like Adrien Broner or Floyd Mayweather. I want to be like J’Leon Love. I’m just a cool guy. I’m laid back. I’m silly at times. That’s just me. I’m not angry. I’m blessed. I’m just happy to be alive. I’m healthy and these opportunities are coming and I’m happy for it.”
MARCOS ANTONIO PERIBAN, NABF Super Middleweight Champion
“I understand that Mr. Love is in the way of me capturing my dream of fighting for the world championship. It’s very important for me to become world cChampion because by doing so I will be the first Mexican in history at 168 pounds to ever hold the championship for the WBC.
“It’s a fight that I must take the opportunity and be successful in and I can’t let Mr. Love beat me because basically it derails my opportunity to become world champion and to make history for Mexico.”
“I’m very focused. I want that title. I want that title for Mexico, so you can expect a very focused and determined fighter on May 3..
“Love is a very dangerous fighter and he has a lot of technical skills to him, so basically my training is no longer focused on my strength, but basically on the tactics that I’m going to use to fight Love.”
# # #
“THE MOMENT: Mayweather vs. Maidana,” is a 12-round world championship unification bout for Mayweather and Maidana’s respective 147-pound titles. This is the third fight of Mayweather’s lucrative multi-fight deal with Showtime Networks Inc. THE MOMENT is promoted by Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona, O’Reilly Auto Parts and AT&T. In the co-main event, Amir Khan faces Luis Collazo in a 12-round bout for the vacant WBC silver welterweight world title. The pay-per-view undercard also features a 10-round junior welterweight fight between Adrien Broner and Carlos Molina as well as a 10-round super middleweight bout featuring J’Leon Love vs. Marco Antonio Periban. The event will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME PPV (9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT) will be available in Spanish via secondary audio programming (SAP).
Tickets priced at $1,500, $1,000 and $750 are still available, not including applicable service charges and taxes. Tickets $550 and $350 are sold out. Tickets are limited to eight (8) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets also are available at www.mgmgrand.com orwww.ticketmaster.com.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook