- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Amir Khan still wants shot at Mayweather, says he’ll KO Broner!
While former 140-pound king Amir Khan is still getting used to the frustrating fact that superstar Floyd Mayweather Junior will not be giving him a shot at his titles in his next fight (and in fact just jerked Khan around wasting his time, this despite the fact that Khan actually won the Twitter poll: ‘who should I fight: Khan or Maidana,’ that Mayweather set up so as to “let the fans decide,”) the 27-year-old has not given up complete hope of one day challenging the unbeaten master.
Taking to his Twitter account to address a number of issues, Khan today also spoke about who he may fight next. Khan first refuted the fact that British rival Kell Brook and his team have not offered him the $5 million that has been widely reported:
“So many articles that I’ve been offered 5m dollars to fight, I would just like to clarify my team have not been offered anything.”
Not that Khan is interested in fighting Brook, not at this point in time anyway:
“I don’t refuse any challenge from TOP fighters, I only refuse the low ones. Fighting Brook won’t get me the Floyd fight….Fighting Broner, Guerrero, Alexander, Porter will#World Level.”
So Khan is hopeful a win over one of the fighters he listed will get him his chance at Mayweather, and maybe this will prove to be the case. One man Khan really seems to want is Adrien Broner, the man Marcos Maidana defeated to earn his own shot at Mayweather. Khan feels he can go one better than Maidana and KO Broner:
If@AdrienBroner wants it let’s do it. Maidana knocked him down twice. I’ll knock him out!
As a consolation for the lost (for now anyway) Mayweather fight, Khan could do a lot worse than to face Broner. Broner’s own first choice was a return with Maidana, but he too is not getting what he wants – maybe he will look Khan’s way as he attempts to return to winning ways. On paper, Khan-Broner is a very good, very intriguing fight. Both guys have undeniable skills and both can be explosive and punch. Khan’s speed proves too much for Broner in my opinion, but with Khan’s oft-shaky chin, who knows?
If @AdrienBroner wants it let's do it. Maidana knocked him down twice. Il knock him out!
— Amir Khan (@AmirKingKhan) February 28, 2014
And if the winner were to get a crack at Mayweather, a Khan Vs. Broner showdown would be all that more intriguing and relevant. Yes, I know Broner has said he will never fight Mayweather, but money talks and that fight sure would generate plenty. But if Khan were to defeat Broner (as I believe he would) would the Brit have earned his own shot at “Money?”
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015