- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Video: George Groves - Christopher Rebrasse Weigh-In
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- American heavyweight sensation Jarrell Miller on MSG tonight
- Lightweight Jose Roman Training Camp Notes
- GOLOVKIN/RUBIO Standing Room Only Tickets on Sale Today at 1pm PT!!!
- Wright vs Bujaj on MSG tonight
- Kal Yafai is looking to add a second major title to his collection
- Andy Gatenby seeking sixth straight win
Antoine Douglas headlines in April 4th in Parsippany, NJ against former world title challenger Luca Messi
NUTLEY, NJ (MARCH 31, 2014)–THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!!, April 4th at the Parsippany P.A.L., GH3 Promotions in association with Greg Cohen Promotions will present a night of action packed boxing that will feature some of the best prospects and rising contenders in the country.
In the eight-round main event will be undefeated Middleweight sensation Antoine “Action” Douglas taking on former world title challenger Luca Messi.
Douglas of Burke, Virginia has a record of 13-0 with 8 knockouts and this year he already has had his most high profile victory when he scored a 8 round unanimous decision over previously undefeated Marquis Davis on January 17th in Memphis, Tentnessee. The bout was televised live on Showtime’s ShoBox: The New Generation.
It was the 2nd consecutive victory over an undefeated opponent as he scored a 3rd round stoppage over Colby Courter (4-0) on December 4, 2013 in New York.
Douglas scored a 1st round knockout over Jeremy Yelton March 15th in Springfield, VA.
Messi of Bergamo, Italy has a record of 37-9-1 with 13 knockouts,
He has competed for and held many titles throughout Europe which included the WBU Intercontinental Welterweight title, The WBA Interim Intercontinental Welterweight title when he stopped previously undefeated Laszlo Buranyi (10-0) in seven rounds. He also captured the Italian Jr. Middleweight title.
He lost his only world title opportunity when he dropped a 12 round unanimous decision to WBA Super Welterweight champion Alejandro Garcia on August 13, 2005 in Chicago. Messi is coming off a 6 round decision over Kristian Camino on February 1st in Bergamo, Italy.
In the six round co-feature, undefeated Jr. Lightweight Wanzell Ellison will be in action when he takes on undefeated Iain Weaver.
Ellison of Newark, NJ is 10-0-1 with 5 knockouts and is coming off a 6 round unanimous decision over Esteban Villalba on January 31st in West Orange, New Jersey.
Weaver (5-0, 3 KO’s) of Dorset, England will be fighting in the United States fir the 2nd time. He has also fought in England and Spain. He holds a win over undefeated Michelino Di Mari (2-0-1). He has two consecutive stoppage victories which includes a 1st round stoppage over Edilson Rio on December 14, 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.
In six round bouts:
Jerry Odom (8-0, 8 KO’s) of Bowie, MD will fight Douglas Otieno Okola (24-8, 12 KO’s) of Nairobi, Kenya in a Super Middleweight bout.
In a Lightweight bout, Mikey Faragon (19-0, 9 KO’s) of Guilderland, NY will fight Anthony Flores (10-4-1, 6 KO’s) of Philadelphia.
Patrick Farrell (9-2-1, 6 KO’s) of Jersey City, NJ will take on an opponent to be named in a Cruiserweight bout.
In four round bouts:
Rickey Edwards (4-0, 2 KO’s) of Paterson, NJ will fight Carlos Nieves (0-5) of Bronx, NY in a Lightweight bout.
Tyrell Wright (4-0, 3 KO’s) of Jersey City, NJ will tussle with Dan Bolden (1-2, 1 KO) of Louisiana in a Heavyweight fight.
Light Heavyweight Angel Concepcion (5-0) of Newark, NJ will square off with Jerrod Caldwell (2-6-2, 1 KO) of Gainesville, FL.
John Magda (5-0, 4 KO’s) of Rutherford, NJ will fight Craig Schwallier (2-1, 2 KO’s) of Grand Rapids, MI in a Super Middleweight affair.
Patrick O’Connor (1-0) will box Aaron Bratton (1-1) of Baltimore, MD in a Heavyweight bout.
Tickets for this great evening of boxing are $100 for VIP Ringside, $75 for Ringside and $40 for General Admission and can be purchased by calling 1-866-612-4191.
The 1st bell is at 7 pm with the doors opening at 6 pm.
The Parsippany P.A.L is located at 33 Baldwin Road in Parsippany, NJ.
- Fight To Educate Boxing Results
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Video: George Groves – Christopher Rebrasse Weigh-In
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things