- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
Antoine Douglas headlines in April 4th in Parsippany, NJ against former world title challenger Luca Messi
NUTLEY, NJ (MARCH 31, 2014)–THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!!, April 4th at the Parsippany P.A.L., GH3 Promotions in association with Greg Cohen Promotions will present a night of action packed boxing that will feature some of the best prospects and rising contenders in the country.
In the eight-round main event will be undefeated Middleweight sensation Antoine “Action” Douglas taking on former world title challenger Luca Messi.
Douglas of Burke, Virginia has a record of 13-0 with 8 knockouts and this year he already has had his most high profile victory when he scored a 8 round unanimous decision over previously undefeated Marquis Davis on January 17th in Memphis, Tentnessee. The bout was televised live on Showtime’s ShoBox: The New Generation.
It was the 2nd consecutive victory over an undefeated opponent as he scored a 3rd round stoppage over Colby Courter (4-0) on December 4, 2013 in New York.
Douglas scored a 1st round knockout over Jeremy Yelton March 15th in Springfield, VA.
Messi of Bergamo, Italy has a record of 37-9-1 with 13 knockouts,
He has competed for and held many titles throughout Europe which included the WBU Intercontinental Welterweight title, The WBA Interim Intercontinental Welterweight title when he stopped previously undefeated Laszlo Buranyi (10-0) in seven rounds. He also captured the Italian Jr. Middleweight title.
He lost his only world title opportunity when he dropped a 12 round unanimous decision to WBA Super Welterweight champion Alejandro Garcia on August 13, 2005 in Chicago. Messi is coming off a 6 round decision over Kristian Camino on February 1st in Bergamo, Italy.
In the six round co-feature, undefeated Jr. Lightweight Wanzell Ellison will be in action when he takes on undefeated Iain Weaver.
Ellison of Newark, NJ is 10-0-1 with 5 knockouts and is coming off a 6 round unanimous decision over Esteban Villalba on January 31st in West Orange, New Jersey.
Weaver (5-0, 3 KO’s) of Dorset, England will be fighting in the United States fir the 2nd time. He has also fought in England and Spain. He holds a win over undefeated Michelino Di Mari (2-0-1). He has two consecutive stoppage victories which includes a 1st round stoppage over Edilson Rio on December 14, 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.
In six round bouts:
Jerry Odom (8-0, 8 KO’s) of Bowie, MD will fight Douglas Otieno Okola (24-8, 12 KO’s) of Nairobi, Kenya in a Super Middleweight bout.
In a Lightweight bout, Mikey Faragon (19-0, 9 KO’s) of Guilderland, NY will fight Anthony Flores (10-4-1, 6 KO’s) of Philadelphia.
Patrick Farrell (9-2-1, 6 KO’s) of Jersey City, NJ will take on an opponent to be named in a Cruiserweight bout.
In four round bouts:
Rickey Edwards (4-0, 2 KO’s) of Paterson, NJ will fight Carlos Nieves (0-5) of Bronx, NY in a Lightweight bout.
Tyrell Wright (4-0, 3 KO’s) of Jersey City, NJ will tussle with Dan Bolden (1-2, 1 KO) of Louisiana in a Heavyweight fight.
Light Heavyweight Angel Concepcion (5-0) of Newark, NJ will square off with Jerrod Caldwell (2-6-2, 1 KO) of Gainesville, FL.
John Magda (5-0, 4 KO’s) of Rutherford, NJ will fight Craig Schwallier (2-1, 2 KO’s) of Grand Rapids, MI in a Super Middleweight affair.
Patrick O’Connor (1-0) will box Aaron Bratton (1-1) of Baltimore, MD in a Heavyweight bout.
Tickets for this great evening of boxing are $100 for VIP Ringside, $75 for Ringside and $40 for General Admission and can be purchased by calling 1-866-612-4191.
The 1st bell is at 7 pm with the doors opening at 6 pm.
The Parsippany P.A.L is located at 33 Baldwin Road in Parsippany, NJ.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent