- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
Bernd Boente suggests Klitschko vs. Stiverne for the sake of history
For the heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, finding a formidable foe which not only fits contractual parameters but pleases the fans as well is no easy task.
While Wladimir steps inside the ring on a regular basis, his opposition is not always as exciting and competitive as we would like.
Lately, boxing fans have been asking for Klitschko vs. Kubrat Pulev, and while there have been some rumors surrounding the possibility of this fight happening, it seems as though team Klitschko would rather face Bermane Stiverne.
“The only reason that Wladimir wants to face Stiverne instead of Pulev, is because he wants to make history.
“It doesn’t matter that Pulev’s promoter says, the important thing is what Wladimir wants, and he wants to unify the titles,” stated Boente.
Of course as boxing goes, Wladimir’s decision instantly caused a wave of fans claiming avoidance and fear on Klitschko’s part.
“The claims that Wladimir is afraid of Pulev, is just a comical PR. Pulev never fought anyone serious, aside from Thompson. He beat Thompson by points, while Wladimir knocked him out twice. So why should Wladimir be afraid?” asked Boente.
While it is generally not optimal to think about opposition in this fashion, in a who beat who previously, way, Wladimir being afraid of anyone seems a bit farfetched. The dominance of his opponents makes it seem like Wladimir is cruising through his career, and that is where criticism is born.
I think facing Stiverne would be the better choice for Wladimir and for boxing as well.
More @ https://www.facebook.com/VitaliFightPress
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes