- Team USA’s Queen Underwood and Danyelle Wolf to Compete in Tuesday’s Women’s Continental Championships Action
- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
Glendale Fight Night To Feature NABF and WBO I/C Heavyweight Title Bout
Top Rank, in association with Bash Boxing, Art of Boxing Promotions, and the Glendale Civic Auditorium in Glendale, California, will bring Solo Boxeo Tecate on Unimas back to the “Jewel City” on Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 6:00pm.
In the main event, rising undefeated Mexican-American Heavyweight prospect, Andy “The Destroyer” Ruiz Jr. (22-0, 16KOs), will defend his NABF and WBO Intercontinental Heavyweight titles against world class veteran Nagy “Dominican Dynamite” Aguilera (19-8, 13 KOs).
Ruiz, the former amateur standout and Mexican Olympic Team member, has quickly ascended the pro ranks in his last three bouts by displaying his speed and explosiveness in early knockouts of Manueal Quezada (28-9), Tor Hamer (21-2) and previously undefeated prospect Joe Hanks (21-0). Ruiz is currently ranked #2 in the world in the WBO and #11 in the world in the WBC. Aguilera, gained world class recognition in 2009 when he knocked out former WBC Heavyweight Champion Oleg Maskaev in the first round and has since fought a Who’s Who of Heavyweight talent including Tomasz Adamek, Antonio Tarver, Chris Arreola, Samuel Peter, and Dominic Breazeale.
An enticing co-main event will feature undefeated San Antonio prospect Ivan “Bam Bam” Najera (13-0, 8KOs) versus former #1 ranked amateur, Stan “The Man” Martyniouk (13-1, 2KOs). Also on the undercard, 2012 London Olympics Silver Medalist Esquiva Falcoa (3-0, 1KO) faces hard-hitting Mike Noreiga (4-4, 4KOs), a battle of unbeatens will take place between Egidijus Kavaliauskas (6-0, 5KOs) and Benjamin Whitaker (7-0, 2KOs), and local gate favorites Zachary “Kid Yamaka” Wohlman (8-1-1), Liam Vaughan (8-2), and Edgar Valerio (3-0) will appear.
GLENDALE FIGHT NIGHT, the 5th professional boxing show since a 60 year ban of professional boxing was lifted in the City of Glendale, California, takes place on Saturday, August 9, 2014 at the Glendale Civic Auditorium, located at 1401 North Verdugo Road in Glendale, California.
Tickets can be purchased online at
or by calling (626) 388-8888.
Tickets start at $30 for General Admission and $45 for Reserved Open Seating.
A limited number of VIP bottle service tables are also available.
Doors Open at 5:30pm;
First Bout at 6:00pm.
All bouts are subject to change.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint