- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Glendale Fight Night To Feature NABF and WBO I/C Heavyweight Title Bout
Top Rank, in association with Bash Boxing, Art of Boxing Promotions, and the Glendale Civic Auditorium in Glendale, California, will bring Solo Boxeo Tecate on Unimas back to the “Jewel City” on Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 6:00pm.
In the main event, rising undefeated Mexican-American Heavyweight prospect, Andy “The Destroyer” Ruiz Jr. (22-0, 16KOs), will defend his NABF and WBO Intercontinental Heavyweight titles against world class veteran Nagy “Dominican Dynamite” Aguilera (19-8, 13 KOs).
Ruiz, the former amateur standout and Mexican Olympic Team member, has quickly ascended the pro ranks in his last three bouts by displaying his speed and explosiveness in early knockouts of Manueal Quezada (28-9), Tor Hamer (21-2) and previously undefeated prospect Joe Hanks (21-0). Ruiz is currently ranked #2 in the world in the WBO and #11 in the world in the WBC. Aguilera, gained world class recognition in 2009 when he knocked out former WBC Heavyweight Champion Oleg Maskaev in the first round and has since fought a Who’s Who of Heavyweight talent including Tomasz Adamek, Antonio Tarver, Chris Arreola, Samuel Peter, and Dominic Breazeale.
An enticing co-main event will feature undefeated San Antonio prospect Ivan “Bam Bam” Najera (13-0, 8KOs) versus former #1 ranked amateur, Stan “The Man” Martyniouk (13-1, 2KOs). Also on the undercard, 2012 London Olympics Silver Medalist Esquiva Falcoa (3-0, 1KO) faces hard-hitting Mike Noreiga (4-4, 4KOs), a battle of unbeatens will take place between Egidijus Kavaliauskas (6-0, 5KOs) and Benjamin Whitaker (7-0, 2KOs), and local gate favorites Zachary “Kid Yamaka” Wohlman (8-1-1), Liam Vaughan (8-2), and Edgar Valerio (3-0) will appear.
GLENDALE FIGHT NIGHT, the 5th professional boxing show since a 60 year ban of professional boxing was lifted in the City of Glendale, California, takes place on Saturday, August 9, 2014 at the Glendale Civic Auditorium, located at 1401 North Verdugo Road in Glendale, California.
Tickets can be purchased online at
or by calling (626) 388-8888.
Tickets start at $30 for General Admission and $45 for Reserved Open Seating.
A limited number of VIP bottle service tables are also available.
Doors Open at 5:30pm;
First Bout at 6:00pm.
All bouts are subject to change.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada