- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO (March 7, 2014) – United Promotions, in conjunction with Title Fight Promotions, is pleased to announce the return of undefeated Canadian light middleweight champion Brandon “Bad Boy” Cook (12-0-0, 7KO) of Ajax, Ontario, on May 3, 2014, at the Hershey Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. Cook will go ten rounds or less with hard-hitting national contender Phil “The Assassin” Rose (5-2-1, 4KO) of Whitby, Ontario, for the vacant NABA Canada light middleweight championship. On the undercard, slick-boxing Canadian light welterweight champ Steven “The Piranha” Wilcox (8-1-0, 4KO) of Hamilton, Ontario, returns against Saul Mendoza (10-7-1, 2KO) of Mexico in a six rounder.
After an outstanding 2013, Brandon Cook intends to start 2014 with a bang. Cook won his Canadian light middleweight championship last June, stopping decorated veteran Fitz Vanderpool (26-8-4, 13KO) via TKO1 to claim the vacant title. Three months later, the “Bad Boy” made his first defense, taking a unanimous decision over former Canadian welterweight champion Tebor Brosch (7-5-5, 2KO). After two straight wins on the domestic scene, Cook turned his attention to the international field in November, becoming the first man to stop Italy’s Luca Michael Pasqua (16-7-1, 10KO). On May 3, Cook returns to the national spotlight looking to add the vacant NABA Canada title to his collection against Phil Rose. Rose is a familiar face for Ontario fight fans, regularly appearing on Hershey Centre cards throughout 2010 and 2011. Recently, “The Assassin” exploded onto the national boxing scene by stopping two-time Olympian and former North American champion Adam Trupish (11-2-0, 8KO) via TKO5 in Edmonton, Alberta, earning this title clash with Cook.
In a top-notch undercard bout, Canadian light welterweight champ Steven Wilcox returns against Saul Mendoza of Mexico. Wilcox won his Canadian title in September, stopping Maritime hopeful Marcel Maillet Jr. (3-6-1) of New Brunswick by eighth round TKO. After losing the first bout of his career against Christian Uruzquieta (11-2-0, 4KO) in November, Wilcox is hungry for a convincing victory in Mississauga. Mendoza, a man known for stellar showings against Canadian prospects, is looking to spoil Wilcox’s return with one of his now infamous underdog performances. After earning a majority draw with Chris Plaitis (5-0-1) of Montreal and losing a majority decision to Baha Laham (12-1-2, 5KO), also of Montreal, Mendoza is looking for an upset win to cap off the Canadian leg of his career.
Tickets will be available at the Hershey Centre box office, ranging from $35 to $200 in price.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada