- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Bruno Escalante Headlines Boxing’s Return to the Historic Fox Theatre in Redwood City
Redwood City, CA (February 5, 2014) – Newly crowned International Boxing Association (IBA) Super Flyweight Champion, Bruno “The Aloha Kid” Escalante (11-1-1, 5 KOs), from Redwood City, CA by way of Cebu, Philippines, will make his 2014 debut in a non title defense on Friday, February 28th, against Lorenzo Trejo 33-28-1 (20 KOs) from Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, Mexico. The 10-round main event attraction will take place at the Fox Theatre in Redwood City.
Escalante was just named 2013 Northern California Fighter of the year while ending a successful 2013 by winning the IBA Super Flyweight Championship in a majority decision over Michael Ruiz Jr. on December 7. Escalante’s record was 5-0 throughout 2013 and he is looking to improve it over this next year.
“My goal is to continue working my way up the top of the Super Flyweight division,” said Escalante. “Trejo is a veteran with a lot of experience and I’m taking this fight very seriously. I’m in great shape, I feel I’m at the top of my game, and on fight night I’m going to give the fans a great show.”
Escalante vs Trejo headlines a night of world-class professional championship boxing presented by Don Chargin Productions and Paco Presents Boxing. Doors open at 5:00 pm, the main event at 8 pm.
Tickets, priced at $40, $50 and $60, are on sale now and available for purchase at foxrwc.com and PacoPresentsBoxing.com.
In a 6 round co-main event, Jonathan “El Carismatico” Chicas 12-1 (5 KO) from San Francisco, CA, will take on veteran Rogelio Castaneda Jr. 26-19-3 (8 KOs) of Sacramento, CA. Chicas is fresh off his sensational TKO win over Rodolfo Armenta on December 7, 2013 and is looking to improve his record. While the veteran, Castaneda Jr. has fought tough fighters such as Lucas Matthysse and will look for a strong comeback against Chicas.
The show will also feature six more exciting fighters: San Francisco favorite Ricardo Pinell 6-1-1(5 KOs), who is fresh from his KO win over Arthur Brambila. Also including, the undefeated Darwin Price 4-0 (2 KOs) of Salinas, CA, along with Tony Johnson 7-0 (2 KOs) of San Jose, Redwood City’s own Jesus Sandoval 3-1-3, Mauricio Zalaveta 1-0 (1 KO) from San Leandro and the pro debut of Andrew Tinae from San Leandro.
The weigh-in will take place at the Holiday Inn and Suites, 330 N Bayshore Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94401 on Thursday, February 27 and is free to the public. The official weigh-in time is 3 pm.
For more information on Paco Presents Boxing, visit pacopresentsboxing.com or visit Facebook at www.facebook.com/pacopresentsboxing.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity