- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Weights from “New Blood” in Corona, CA
- Howard Davis Jr. “Donovan, you don’t stand a chance against Dyah”
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
Bulgarian Duo For Welborn & Paddock
Jason Welborn and Luke Paddock both face Bulgarian opposition when they headline EJKO Promotions’ ‘Mayday!’ show at Walsall Town Hall on Friday, 16th May.
British Masters and Midlands Area Light Middleweight Champion, Welborn, takes on young Bulgarian prospect, Stanislav Nenkov over ten rounds.
The 19 year-old has fought all over Europe and is no stranger to these shores. Nenkov has fought Sam Sheedy and Johnny Garton and lost to Brentwood’s Kris Agyei-Dua last time out.
Welborn goes into the contest as favourite having lifted the British Masters Light Middleweight Title and Midlands Area equivalent in his last two fights thanks to victories over Birmingham duo Max Maxwell and Terry Carruthers respectively.
“He’s a young lad who will be coming to win,” Welborn told www.uko-boxing.com. “He’ll see me as a bit of a scalp so I’ve got to make sure I’m on my game.
“I need to be busy this year to keep myself in the frame for titles, so I’ll treat Nenkov with respect.”
Paddock takes on Kristian Dochev looking to build on his recent British Bronze Masters Light Welterweight Title victory.
Despite being just 21, Dochev has already had 24 professional contests, winning nine. Like his compatriot, he has fought all over Europe and will give Paddock another stern test in front of his hometown fans.
Tickets, priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. The aftershow party takes place at the Pitch Sports Bar and Grill on Bridge Street, Walsall. The show will also be aired live and exclusive on BBC WM’s DAB Digital Service and online at www.bbc.co.uk/wm
Tipton super featherweight Lee Glover, Staffordshire welterweight Rob Hunt, Leicester welterweight Ryan Nandha, Halesowen super middleweight Lennox Clarke, Stoke welterweight Josh McLaren, Wolverhampton super featherweight Des Bowater and brother, (welterweight) Sid Bowater, and Birmingham cruiserweight Olly Lambert, all feature on the undercard.
Dudley light middleweight, Kyle Spencer, and Cradley super featherweight, Chris Male, no longer feature.
Tickets, priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. The aftershow party takes place at the Pitch Sports Bar and Grill on Bridge Street, Walsall.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent