- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
CageSport Lightweight Title on the Line: Brokenshire vs. Harrington
Tacoma, WA (April 28, 2014) – The biggest stage of Northwest mixed martial arts, CageSport MMA, is once again returning to the Emerald Queen Casino this Saturday for the 30th time; featuring two of the region’s top prospects, Drew Brokenshire (9-1) and Justin Harrington (6-0), battling it out for the highly coveted CageSport Lightweight Title. In the semi-main event, Alfonso Gonzales (4-0) and Jared Torgeson (10-9) are scheduled to fight three rounds with the winner emerging as the top contender to fight for the CageSport Middleweight Title, currently held by Brent “Mankill” Knopp (5-0).
A limited amount of tickets for CageSport 30, scheduled for Saturday, May 3rd, at the Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma, WA are still available and can be purchased at the Emerald Queen Casino box office or online through Ticketmaster. Prices start at $35.
Brokenshire, the CageSport featherweight champion, along with the current lightweight title holder, Harrington, are both approaching the fight with the mindset that this will undoubtedly be the toughest test they have faced in their MMA career.
“I don’t really have much to say,” said Harrington when asked on his thoughts going into the fight. “I’m going to let my performance speak for itself. I know this is going to be my toughest fight yet and the challenge of Drew has pushed me to become a whole new fighter mentally and physically. So yeah, the fans are in for a really great fight!”
Brokenshire had similar compliments when asked about why he asked for a fight with the lightweight champion “He will be the most well rounded fighter I have probably ever fought. He is also very athletic and strong which will make him even more dangerous. I am on a five fight win streak and no one around is close to that, that I know of. We want to step up to face the toughest opponents we can.”
Seven fights are scheduled on the undercard, all scheduled for three rounds. The undercard is highlighted by South Kitsap fire fighter, Reagen Benedetti looking to add another victory to her young MMA career and two fighters, Tyson Cunningham and Eric Ramsey, putting their perfect records on the line in what is expected to be a thrilling welterweight matchup.
Reagan Benedetti (1-0 | Seattle, WA) vs. Katie Howard (1-1 | Portland, OR) at 115+1
Tyson Cunningham (2-0 | Enumclaw, WA) vs. Eric Ramsey (3-0 | Vancouver, WA) at 170+1
Woo Johnson (1-0 | Tacoma, WA) vs. Ricky Satterwhite (1-1 |Seattle, WA) at 155+1
Trent Tyler (1-2 | McCleary, WA) vs. Corey Watson (debut | Lacey, WA) at 170+1
Zach Conn (1-4 | Ellensburg, WA) vs. Raven Guice (1-1 |Tacoma, WA) at 170+1
Paul Deveglio (debut |Enumclaw, WA) vs. Aaron Martin (2-1 |Tacoma, WA) at 145+1
Riley Buzzard (0-1 |Tonasket, WA) vs. Emanuel Russell (2-1 |Seattle, WA) at 135+1
Doors for CageSport 30 open at 6 PM with the first fight scheduled for 7 PM. For more information about CageSport 30 and all other Halquist Productions events, please visit www.halquistproductions.com (currently under construction) and the official Facebook and Twitter Pages of CageSport MMA and Battle at the Boat.
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia needs to make a statement against Rod Salka