- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
Chávez Jr & Vera Workout Quotes
(Photo credit: Chris Farina/Top Rank) SAN ANTONIO, TX (February 25, 2014) — Fight Week in San Antonio for the eagerly- anticipated boxing doubleheader featuring the rematch between former World Boxing Council (WBC) middleweight champion and Son of the Legend JULIO CÉSAR CHÁVEZ JR. and Top-Five contender and two-fisted Texan BRYAN VERA began in earnest today as both participated in Media Workouts. In front of a packed Zarzamora Street Boxing Gym, both fighters trained for over three hours as they fine-tuned for their upcoming encore battle.
The doubleheader will also feature the historic challenge by two-time Ukrainian Olympic gold medalist and 2013 Prospect of the Year, VASYL LOMACHENKO, in only his second professional fight, of World Boxing Organization (WBO) featherweight champion ORLANDO SALIDO.
Both fights will take place This Saturday! March 1, at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX and will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing, beginning at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT.
“Vera has not seen the best Julio. I had my best training camp since I fought Andy Lee. I am ready to fight. Having my little daughter Julia with me gives me extra motivation. Vera earned his second opportunity because of the way he fought in our first fight. Vera is a true warrior. I have had much success in Texas, especially in San Antonio and am looking for giving the fans something they can remember – hopefully the Fight of the Year.”
“I did all of my training times two. This has been the longest camp of my career. I sparred against heavyweights to get ready for Chávez Jr. I am going to beat him for the second time. Everyone knows I won the first fight. This is a serious fight with only one ending …I will get my hand raised.”
The non-televised undercard will feature former World Lightweight Champion JUAN DIAZ, of Houston, looking to extend his three-fight winning streak as he attempts to return to the top of the lightweight division after a three-year hiatus from boxing.
Promoted by Top Rank®, in association with Zanfer Promotions, Banner Promotions, Foreman Boys Promotions and Tecate, remaining tickets to Chávez vs. Vera II, priced at $200, $100, $60, $40 and $25 (plus applicable taxes and fees), can be purchased at the Alamodome box office, all Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com and via Ticketmaster charge-by-phone lines at (800) 745-3000.
HBO Presents “Road to Chavez Jr./Vera II”. HBO playdates include: February 27 at 4:30 p.m. ET/PT, February 28 at 1:00 a.m. ET/PT and March 1 at 12:15 p.m. ET/PT.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity