- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Chebabha vs. Dufek, WBF International Title Fight April 11
Promoter Robert Pantigny is expecting a complete sell-out of the 1200 seat Salle Theo Bouton in Douai, France, when his fighter Farid Chebabha challenges for his first professional title, the vacant WBF International Light Welterweight crown, on April 11.
Chebabha will take on tough-as-nails Michal Dufek from the Czech Republic, a 30-year old from Prague who brings a stellar 11-5-1 (7) record and have never been stopped in defeats to top-class operators such as former world champion Vitali Tajbert, and undefeated contenders Nathan Dale (10-0) and Terry Flanagan (21-0).
28-year-old Chebabha turned professional in 2006, and didn’t get off to the best of starts as he put together a mediocre 3-2-1 mark in his first six fights. But he has since gone undefeated in thirteen straight, and now holds a fine 13-2-4 (1) ledger.
Dufek is clearly the harder puncher of the two, and combined with his iron chin he is travelling to France as a very live underdog. Chebabha may have the better technical skills, and will be spurred on by the massive support in the intimate arena, but it is not a walk over for the local man by any means.
“I have clearly fought the better people, and it won’t be the first time I fight in front of a noisy crowd cheering for my opponent, so this is just another day at the office for me”, says Dufek. “My dream has always been to become a champion, and I certainly plan to realize that dream on April 11.”
The Chebabha vs. Dufek WBF International Light Welterweight title fight is part of a championship doubleheader, and it will very likely be a massively entertaining night in Douai. Two boxers fighting to reach their goals, boxer vs. puncher, action guaranteed!
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing