- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
‘Cinderella Man’ Steve Robinson’s first promotion on March 8th
On March 8th 2014, at the Cardiff City House of Sport, Welsh boxing Legend Steve Robinson takes the first step into boxing promotion with a card of professional boxing.
Steve held WBO World and Inter-Continental, European and Welsh titles at Featherweight. Robinson won the vacant WBO featherweight title on very short notice in April 1993 in Washington, Tyne and Wear against the tough John Davison. Steve was the victor via a 12 round unanimous decision and it was the start of a fantastic run which saw the ‘Cinderella Man’ defend the title successfully seven times in three years.
The show will feature two Welsh title fights; Craig Kennedy vs Hari Miles in the cruiserweight division and Jerome Samuels vs Dai Jones in the welterweight division. Both contests will be over ten rounds.
Craig Kennedy made his professional debut at the beginning of 2013 and powered his way to seven wins for the year. The skilful Cardiffian will have his hands full against the experienced, tough Hari Miles (9-9) who has pushed some of Europe’s best all the whole way.
In the other Welsh title fight, Jerome Samuels looks to emulate Steve Robinson, who also had a bad start to his career but turned things around – as Samuels is doing now. Jerome (5-4) has won his last four including a, close points, win over tough, battler Dai Jones (4-3-1). The rematch with the Welsh title at stake promises to be just as closely fought.
The undercard will feature a host of Welsh talent including Steve’s son Francis Luke Robinson, Peter Ashton and 18-year-old sensation Romeo Romaeo, who will also be looking to continue the unbeaten start to his career in a four round bout. More bouts to be added.
Steve currently trains and manages Craig ‘The Kid’ Kennedy (7-0), Luke Francis Robinson (5-1) and Peter Ashton (2-1) and plans to promote a show every eight weeks.
Sharyn Donnachie, is the co-promoter of the show and the venue holds around 1,000. Tickets priced from £30. Ticket information will be released shortly.
The venue is located at Leckwith Road, Cardiff, CF11 8AZ
About Steve Robinson’s Boxing Gym
Amateur and professional boxing. Gym membership – £20 per calendar month or £30 to include access to Boxfit classes. Steve Robinson’s ABC Boxing gym; 98 Portmanmoor Road Industrial Estate, Cardiff CF24 5HB. Telephone: 0777195100
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In