- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
“Countdown To Canelo Alvarez Vs. Alfredo Angulo” To Premiere This Sunday
LAS VEGAS (Feb. 21, 2014) – In preparation for what will be a match-up for the ages between former WBC Super Welterweight World Champion Canelo Alvarez and hard-hitting Mexican warrior Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo, Golden Boy Promotions and Leigh Simons Productions will present “Countdown to Canelo vs. Alvarez.” This primetime special 30-minute preview show will air on various FOX Sports platforms beginning this Sunday, Feb. 23 and will feature never-before-seen footage of Canelo, Angulo and the SHOWTIME PPV-televised undercard fighters including Leo Santa Cruz, Cristian Mijares, Ricardo Alvarez, Omar Figueroa, Carlos Molina and Jermall Charlo.
Tune into any of the FOX Sports Network channels, FOX Sports, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2 FOX Deportes and Televisa (check your local listings) for a behind-the-scenes look at the stars of this highly anticipated pay-per-view event taking place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
The countdown show, brought to life by Producer and Creative Director of Golden Boy Promotions Leigh Simons, will provide audiences with exclusive analysis and commentary leading up to the mega-event.
“This show has more fight action and punches landed than any show we have ever produced because all of these guys are knockout punchers,” said Simons, who has now produced 27 countdown shows since working with Golden Boy Promotions. “If you love a classic knockout and big punches, then this is the show for you.”
Below are a collection of links, which preview various parts of the special and fight highlights:
- Dramatic profile of main event “TOE TO TOE” battle -
- Canelo promises a war and predicts victory in honor of Mexico as he prepares for comeback after first loss of his career – http://youtu.be/nO8TjlDfo44Â
- Angulo prepares for the most important fight of his career as he plans to replace Canelo as
Mexico’s most exciting and beloved fighter – http://youtu.be/SGkAka72Ptw
-Final bold predictions of Knockout victory’s from both Canelo and Angulo as they prepare for the fight of a lifetime – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_U0xajTeQ
- Dramatic profile of the three world championship fights on Canelo-Angulo undercard: Leo “Terremoto” Santa Cruz vs. Cristian Mijares, Omar “Panterita” Figueroa vs. Ricardo “Dinamita” Alvarez and Carlos Molina vs. Jermall Charlo – http://youtu.be/HnDNrj3atxM Â
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin