- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Derric Rossy To Headline January 25 At Golden Nugget
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ (JANUARY 10, 2014)–On Saturday, January 25th, Sal Musumeci’s Final Forum Boxing presents a big night of boxing at Golden Nugget Atlantic City. In the featured bout of the evening, Heavyweight Derric Rossy will see action against former world amateur champion Joey Dawejko of Philadelphia in the 10 round Main event.
Rossy of Medford, New York has a record of 28-7 with 14 knockouts.
The 33 year-old Rossy has faced many of the top Heavyweights in the world and holds victories over the likes of Gary Bell (22-3-1), Shannon Miller (14-2), Edward Guitierrez (15-3), former world champion Ray Mercer (35-6-1), William Shahan (7-0), Carl Davis Drummond (26-1), Alexis Mejias (10-2), Ian Lewson (6-1-1) and Travis Walker (39-8-1).
Rossy also has faced former world title challenger Eddie Chambers twice, Alexander Dimitrenko (27-0), Kubret Pulev (11-0), Audley Harrison and he is coming off a ten round unanimous decision defeat to Fres Oquendo.
Dawejko of Philadelphia won the Jr, World Amateur in 2008 in Guadalajara, Mexico and has compiled a record of 8-3-2 with three knockouts.
Dawejko won his first six bouts which included knockouts over undefeated Ricardo Johnson and John Lennox. Since then, Dawejko has faced four undefeated opponents in Doorset Barnwell, Jarrell Miller, Didier Bence and in his last bout he was stopped in four rounds by Charles Martin on November 14th in Hollywood, California.
A special guest at the show will be Rosie Pierri of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. Rosie will be there in support of Fight to K.O. Malnutrition of Children.
For more information fans can go to http://www.komalnutrition.com/
In an eight round co-feature, undefeated Heavyweight Natu Vasinia. Vasinia of Lakewood, California and of American Samoan descent has a record of 9-0 with 8 knockouts will take on Jon Bolden.
Visinia, 29 years old has slowly stepped up the competition and he has been compared favorably to former world title challenger David Tua for not only his ethnic background but his prodigious punching power. He is coming off a 1st round stoppage over Phil Brown (6-1) on May 18th in Washington, D.C.
Bolden of New York has a record of 6-7 with 5 knockouts.
Visinia will be Bolden’s 5th undefeated opponent.
He turned pro with a 1st round stoppage over former NHL tough guy Nathan Perrott. Bolden has also faced undefeated prospects Bryan Jennings, Dorsett Barnwell & Joshua Tufte.
Bolden is coming off an eight round unanimous decision defeat to Tyabb Beale on November 23rd in Newark, NJ.
In six round bout, The son of the former Heavyweight champion, Isiah Seldon (7-1, 3 KO’s) of Atlantic City will see action in a Middleweight bout against an opponent to be named.
Ismael Garcia (5-0, 3 KO’s) of Vineland, NJ will fight in a six round Jr. Middleweight bout against an opponent to be named.
Light Heavyweight Joe Smith Jr (13-1, 11 KO’s) from Long Island, NY will take on an opponent to be named in a six round bout.
Former Ecuadorian Olympic Heavyweight Ytalo Perea (5-1, 3 KO’s) will take on Tyrone Gibson (1-4, 1 KO) of Duluth, MN in a four round bout.
In a battle of pro debuting Super Bantamweights, Michael Valera of Bethlehem, PA will take on Anthony Caramanno of Staten Island, NY.
Undefeated Cruiserweight Dave Valykeo (3-0) of Neptune, NJ will rematch Brian Donahue (2-6-2) of Philadelphia.
Valykeo won a close majority decision over Donahue on August 24th.
Omar Brito (1-1, 1 KO) of Pleasantville, NJ will box Korey Sloane (2-7-2) of Philadelphia in a four round Jr. Welterweight bout.
Tickets for this outstanding evening of boxing go on sale Friday, January 10th and are $125 for Ringside, $75 for reserved and $50 for general admission. VIP Tables are available and all tickets can be purchased by going to www.ticketmaster.com
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia needs to make a statement against Rod Salka