- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
DiBella Inks Frank Galarza and Bryant “Peewee” Cruz
New York, NY (4/2/14) – DiBella Entertainment (DBE) and New Legend Boxing have officially announced the co-promotional signings of two of New York’s most promising undefeated prospects. Hot junior middleweight “Notorious” Frank Galarza (12-0-2, 8KO’s) and junior lightweight Bryant “Peewee” Cruz (9-0, 5KO’s) both inked exclusive promotional contracts with the promotional outfits this week.
“I am very excited that the opportunity came to sign a co-promotional agreement with DiBella Entertainment. Lou DiBella’s track record speaks for itself, and I am confident that he, along with my promoters from day one, New Legend Boxing, will help take me to the next level. I feel that all of us together will form a powerhouse, and I will be given the exposure to show fans what I am capable of,” said Galarza.
“I am thrilled to officially become part of the DBE and New Legend teams,” said Cruz. “I have had the opportunity to fight on cards staged by both of the promotional companies in the past, and to now officially be part of their roster is truly an honor. I want to thank my manager Kevin Crowley and trainer Ryan O’Leary for helping me get to this point. Like every fighter, my dream is to become world champion and I know this is the team that will give me that opportunity.”
“We are excited about the signing of these fighters and the partnership with New Legend Boxing,” said Lou DiBella, of DiBella Entertainment. “Frank can immediately become significant in his division and Peewee is always in great fights and has already made a name for himself on our Broadway Boxing series. We envision exciting things to come for them in the very near future.”
“I am happy and very excited to have teamed up with Lou DiBella in co-promoting our guys. Working with Lou, I see a better future and more opportunity for our fighters to get the exposure they need on national TV and become world champions,” said New Legend Boxing president and partner Felipe Gomez.
A finalist at the 2012 National Golden Gloves, the Westchester County-native Cruz has quickly become one of the biggest draws in New York thanks in part to his backing by Westchester County’s most popular restaurant/bar chains (Mickey, Molly and Maggie Spillane’s). Cruz turned pro in December 2012 and fought eight times in his first full year as a pro. Cruz is coming off of his most impressive victory to date, a six-round unanimous decision in an absolute war over once-beaten Joshua Reyes. Cruz will be featured on DiBella Entertainment’s upcoming Broadway Boxing card on Thursday, April 10, at B.B. King Blues Club and Grill in NYC.
Tickets for the event are priced at $125, $100 and $75. The $55 general admission seats are already completely sold out. Tables are also available for purchase for this event, with VIP tables going for $1,000 per table (5 seats at $200 per seat), Ringside tables for $500 (5 seats at $100), and $375 tables (5 seats at $75). Tickets are available for purchase by calling the DiBella Entertainment office at (212) 947-2577.
The Brooklyn-native Galarza is coming off his highlight-reel knockout over previously undefeated John Thompson on ShoBox in January. The crushing second-round stoppage stole the show that evening and was the type of breakout performance of which many fighters can only dream. The former NY Golden Gloves champion returns to action this Saturday night when he headlines New Legend’s International Fight Night card at the beautiful Resorts Casino in Queens, NY. Galarza will square off against Franklin Gonzalez in the eight-round feature bout of the evening. If all goes well Saturday night, Galarza is expected to return to national TV sometime in the very near future.
Tickets for Saturday’s show can be purchased at the door and are priced at $50 and $125. Doors open at 6 p.m. with the first bout scheduled for 7 p.m.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In