- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
DiBella Inks Eduardo Alicea and Paul Littleton
Over the years, Lou DiBella has seen his company (DiBella Entertainment) experience its biggest success in the storied middleweight division, having worked with and promoted such middleweight kingpins as Bernard Hopkins, Jermain Taylor and Sergio Martinez. DiBella has also worked, and continues to work with, a slew of other top-rated middleweight contenders and world title challengers, including Andy Lee and Sergio Mora, who are both coming off sensational knockout victories. Looking to keep that trend going in the coming years, DiBella continues to concentrate on the middleweight division by loading up on young, talented 160lb. fighters. After the recent signings of highly touted Ukrainian amateur champions Sergiy Derevyanchenko and Ivan Golub, DiBella has now added fellow amateur standouts, and now undefeated pros, Eduardo Alicea (6-0, 3KO’s) and Paul Littleton (8-0-1, 5KO’s) to his ever-growing middleweight factory.
“The middleweight division has always been one of boxing’s elite weight classes, and it is once again today. We just recently added two of the best amateur boxers in the world to the DBE roster and we are now adding these two undefeated prospects to our growing stable. We truly feel that these talented fighters, in addition to fellow DBE middleweight prospect Lamar Russ, make up the best young group of middleweights in all of boxing. We are excited to be working with each and every one of them,” said DiBella.
Alicea was an outstanding amateur, amassing a 143-16 record and becoming the #1-rated U.S. amateur as a Junior Olympian in 2007 as well as winning the 2007 National Junior Olympics. The 23-year-old turned pro in 2011 but went through some promotional and managerial issues, which kept him somewhat inactive through 2013. Earlier this year, DiBella put Alicea, who is now working with esteemed trainer Robert Garcia, on one of his Broadway Boxing cards in New York and immediately liked what he saw. DiBella quickly moved to sign the promising young prospect, and just recently finalized a deal to co-promote him with Steve Smith’s Rumble Time Promotions, who also co-promotes world-rated junior middleweight contender Willie Nelson with DBE. Alicea will officially make his DBE and Rumble Time Promotions debut on their upcoming ESPN Friday Night Fights card on June 27, at the Ameristar Casino in St. Charles, MO. In addition to the Alicea bout, the newly signed Golub will be making his long-awaited pro debut.
The Chicago Golden Gloves champion Littleton has quickly become one of the most popular fighters on the Chicago fight scene, thanks to his aggressive style and willingness to take on all comers. Littleton’s last five opponents have had a combined 33-4-2 record, with three of those fighters coming in previously undefeated. The lone blemish on Littleton’s record came in a highly disputed six-round split decision draw to 9-1-2 Darnell Wilson. Littleton and Derevyanchenko are expected to make their much-anticipated DBE debuts on DiBella’s upcoming Broadway Boxing cards this summer.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say