- Jermain Taylor -- FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN ... Cops Say
- Earlier Start Time Set for Mayweather vs Maidana 2
- The Mayweather-Pacquiao Business Paradox
- Roy Jones Jr. gives Las Vegas local Chuy first shot at title fight
- Maidana: I hope Mayweather will stand and fight like a man
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
- Red Dawn: Beterbiev vs. Cloud Sept 27 in Montreal
European Medalist Sarah Knight Set For Pro Debut March 1st
Promoter Dave Murphy today announced that he has signed former amateur European Union Bronze medalist Sarah Knight to his ever growing stable of boxers.
Mr. Murphy also took the opportunity to announce that Sarah will be making her professional debut on the upcoming Acourtier Events promoted WARZONE event at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Saturday March 1st.
New Malden based Sarah, who boxed as an amateur under her maiden name Sarah Alderman, has racked up numerous accolades during her stellar career, including winning the English ABAs in 2007.
However the pinnacle of her career came in 2008, when she was selected to represent Scotland at the European Union Championships. Just representing Scotland was a major achievement, but young Sarah went a step further and secured the Bronze medal in the 86kg division.
Following signing management papers with Mr. Murphy, Sarah said.
“Exciting times, to be able to box professionally is a dream come true.
I often thought about switching to the pros, but there just didn’t seem to be any opportunities here in the UK, thanks to Dave Murphy I can finally make the switch.
I’m really looking forward to making my professional debut on March 1st, to be part of such an exciting card on my pro debut makes it even more special.
It’s been a while since I boxed competitively, but we’ve been busy in the gym changing my style, from amateur to a pro style, so the transition shouldn’t be a problem.
I’ve been preparing at Fight Knights gym in New Malden, where we started my hard training on the first, had a couple of hard spars this week, as time goes on we’ll get to the harder full on sparring.
I’ve mainly been sparring guys to prepare, although did spar Sonya Lamonakis, which was a very good experience, as she was the World ranked #1 at the time.
She came over from America, not just to spar with me obviously, we done a few rounds, it was a very good experience for me, as then she was the top girl at my weight.
To be honest it was sparring Sonya that made up my mind to try and make the move to the pro ranks, after sparring her I thought I can do this, oh and she has already asked to fight me after I’ve had a few fights.
The main problem is it just doesn’t seem to be many women coming into the sport, which surprised me after the Olympics, I think that’s because there hasn’t been much support for us, as there is for the guys.
I trained with Nicky (Adams) and Savannah (Marshall) in the England camps, so I would like to think more of the girls will turn pro eventually, although I think it will take some time really.
So I really am one of the lucky ones, by actually be able to consider turning professional, as I know Dave, he has always been a big supporter of women’s boxing, in fact I think he’s had female fights on all his shows.
I’m a box/fighter, a bit of both really, I can get in there and do body work and also box on the back foot, I used to go steaming in but now I’m more controlled in my approach.
I think the fans will really enjoy watching me fight, I like to really mix it up, I don’t take any prisoners.”
Sarah Knights professional debut will take place on the undercard of double WBU European Championship headed WARZONE event, at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Saturday 1st March 2014.
Tickets, priced £35 (Standard Seated) and £60 (Ringside) for the Dave Murphy Acourtier Events WARZONE event are available by calling the ticket lines 07960 850645 or 07809 499896
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say