- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- ‘The Hammer’ To Make Bolton Statement
- Iron Boy Promotions Announces Iron Boy 16: El Paso
- Fight Network Presents Galahad vs. Dos Santos LIVE Boxing this Sat. at 5 pm ET
- NY Golden Gloves Champion Earl Newman to make pro debut Oct 4
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
Hyland signs promotional deal with DiBella Entertainment
Patrick “The Punisher” Hyland
SET TO MAKE PROMOTIONAL DEBUT ON UPCOMING BROADWAY BOXING CARD JULY 23RD AT B.B. KING BLUES CLUB & GRILL – NYC
New York, NY (5/21/14) – DiBella Entertainment has officially announced the signing of exciting featherweight contender Patrick “The Punisher” Hyland (27-1, 12KO’s) to an exclusive promotional contract. The talented Irishman Hyland is set to make his DBE promotional debut on the upcoming Broadway Boxing card on July 23, at NYC’s famed B.B. King Blues Club & Grill.
“I’m so excited about getting back in the ring again. It’s a fresh start for me after what has been a very frustrating 18 months. It’s great to be working with Lou and everyone at DiBella Entertainment. Lou is one of the best promoters in the business and I know that he will be able to deliver the big fights I want,” said Hyland.
Regarding the upcoming fight on July 23, Hyland couldn’t be happier to finally be making his NYC debut and is looking forward to building a fan-base amongst the rabid and diehard Irish boxing community.
“I’m really excited about the prospect of fighting in New York City. I lived in upstate New York so I traveled into the city on a regular basis, but I’ve never had the chance to fight there. It’s a city that has given so many Irish people a chance to realize their dreams in all walks of life. For me, the dream is to fight for and win a world title in Madison Square Garden and I’m a step closer to that now by signing with Lou. I know there is a huge Irish following in New York who love to get behind their own. John Duddy proved that and I’d like to think I can get some of his fans on board for another exciting journey with me.”
Hyland has not seen action since his thrilling and hard-fought 12-round decision loss to Javier Fortuna back in December 2012 for the interim WBA featherweight championship and is looking to once again get his career back on track and put his name amid the elite of the featherweight division.
“I felt I proved against Fortuna that I belonged at world level and I left the ring that night knowing what I had to do to close the gap from being a world title challenger to a world champion. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to capitalize on my performance that night and prove that I had learned from that experience. Now with Lou, I know I will finally get that chance.”
“My first priority now is getting back in the ring and getting a win under my belt. After that, I’m ready for any of the champions out there. Featherweight is a very interesting division at the moment and I’m confident that I can get in the mix for another world title shot very quickly.”
“Patrick gave Fortuna hell in their bout and he is handsdown one of the best pro fighters in all of Ireland. Patrick is a legitimate title contender in the featherweight division and we are happy to finally be working with him and watching him build his fan-base here in New York City,” said DiBella.
“I’m delighted to be working with Lou on Patrick’s career. He has a proven track record of delivering opportunities for his fighters and, in Patrick, he has a very hungry fighter capable of grasping those opportunities with both hands. Patrick can punch, has plenty of boxing ability and proved against Fortuna that he has a granite chin. The time out of the ring has made him hungrier than ever to get his hands on a world title and I think over the next six to 12 months, he will be a serious threat to any of the world champions at featherweight,” stated Hyland’s manager, Brian Peters.
Tickets for the event on July 23 are priced at $125, $100, $75 and $55. Tables are also available for purchase for this event, with VIP Tables going for $1,000 per table (5 seats at $200 per seat), Ringside Tables for $500 (5 seats at $100), and $375 tables (5 seats at $75). Tickets are available for purchase by calling the DiBella Entertainment office at (212) 947-2577.
Follow all the latest on Patrick Hyland’s career by following him on Twitter @PajPunisher along with @DiBellaEnt and @BPPboxing.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things