- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Ferrante eyeing Caputo Smith rematch but must get by Martinez this Friday
This Friday night at Harrahs Philadelphia, Cruiserweight, Tony “Boom Boom” Ferrante will look to get back into the win column when he takes on fellow Philadelphian Pedro Martinez (6-7, 3 KO’s) in a 6-round bout that will be part of a big night of boxing promoted Joey Eye Boxing Promotions.
In the main event, Eric Hunter (17-3, 9 KO’s) of Philadelphia will take on Yenifel Vicente (25-2-2, 17 KO’s of Miami, FL in a 10-round bout for the USBA Featherweight title.
THERE WILL BE A PRESS CONFERENCE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19TH AT HARRAHS PHILADELPHIA BEGINNING AT 7 PM
Ferrante of Philadelphia has been on the short end of bad circumstances over the past 15-months.
He has a record of 12-5 with 7 knockouts and is coming off a very controversial defeat to Anthony Caputo Smith for the Pennsylvania State Cruiserweight title on January 31.
The bout was a close battle that saw Ferrante score a knockdown during the fight but Caputo got the split decision victory by scores of 95-94 twice and 95-94 for Ferrante.
“Caputo knows he lost that fight,” said Ferrante. “I am looking forward to fighting him again on May 9. We looked at the tape and when i knocked him down he got 15 seconds. But he admitted to me he lost the fight and told me he will give me a rematch.”
Ferrante is happy to get his second fight in less than two months as he had a tumultuous 2013 as when he thought he scored the biggest win of his career as he scored an explosive knockout over previously undefeated Isa Akberbayev but was later changed to a no-contest after a post fight drug test came up positive. Ferrante was never given a reason for the positive test and he is insistent that he never took any banned substance.
“It is beautiful to get back in the ring so quick. The situation in New York depressed me. The decision to Caputo played with my mind but I am happy to get back in there.”
When facing Martinez, Ferrante will be facing someone he is more than familiar with.
“I have sparred hundreds of rounds with Pedro. We worked in the same gym for years and sometimes would spar four times a week. This is not a fight I asked for but he was the only guy available that would fight.”
Ferrante knows that he needs to win in order to secure the coveted rematch with Caputo.
“I am not looking past him. He comes forward and likes to work the body. This is a good test for me and I am not looking past his record. I feel now that I am growing into my body and I can use my skills. This is going to be a great fight,” said Ferrante.
Besides that fight and the Hunter – Vicente fight, it will be a full night of action.
In eight round bouts:
Victor Vasquez (16-8-1, 7 KO’s) of Philadelphia will try to avenge an earlier loss to Osnel Charles (9-8-1, 1 KO) of Atlantic City in a Lightweight bout.
Miguel Cartagena (11-0, 4 KO’s) of Philadelphia battles Miguel Robles (12-3-2, 5 KO’s) of San Juan, Puerto Rico in a Flyweight bout.
In four round bouts:
Anthony Prescott (2-3-1,1 KO) of Cherry Hill, NJ takes on Anthony Miller (1-0, 1 KO) of Wilmington, DE in a Jr. Middleweight bout.
Ramir Hilliard of Philadelphia, PA will make his pro debut in a Lightweight bout against an opponent to be named.
Vincent Floyd (0-0-1) of Philadelphia, PA will take on an opponent to be named in a Super Middleweight bout.
Tickets are now on sale for $100 (VIP); $75 (Ringside) and $50 (General Admission) and can be purchased at the Harrahs Philadelphia Gift Shop; By calling Joey Eye (267-304-9399); David Feldman (610-291-0806); 800-480-8020 or on www.webtix.net
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing