- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Howard Davis Jr. “Donovan, you don’t stand a chance against Dyah”
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
Ferrante looking for redemption TONIGHT at Harrahs Philadelphia
TONIGHT at Harrahs Philadelphia, Cruiserweight contender Tony Ferrante will be looking to take out over one years worth of frustration on Anthony Caputo Smith when the two meet for the Pennsylvania state Cruiserweight title that will headline a 7 bout card promoted by Joey Eye Boxing Promotions.
Ferrante of Northeast Philadelphia thought he had the biggest win of his career last January 19th at the Theater at Madison Square Garden when he brutally knocked out undefeated Isa Akberbayev in the final round of their bout.
Later, Ferrante tested positive for a banned substance. Something he still denies to this day and even fought that matter in court.
But tonight will mark a new begging for Ferrante, who has a record of 12-4 with 7 knockouts.
“Training went great and I can’t wait to be back in there.”, Said Ferrante.
“He (Caputo Smith) doesn’t belong in the rong with me and after my last fight I am confident. He really is not a Cruiserweight. He is just a guy who can not make 175 anymore.”
Ferrante believes he has something to prove after the events of the last year.
“This is absoloutly redemption. Everyone knows I got railroaded in New York. All New York said that it was impossible for me to go from 175 pounds to 200. Everyone knows that is my natural weight. The bottom line is the other guy had a ton of money behind him and in this business, it’s all about the money.”
That was then and now Ferrante looks forward to the showdown with Caputo Smith.
This will definitely be a knockout. I trained hard for this fight and I don’t see him being able to stay with me for more than a couple rounds.”
Ferrante – Smith will headline the 7 bout card that will also feature:
Naim Nelson (10-0, 1 KO’s) battling Christian Steele (4-7-2, 2 KO’s) in an 8 round Lightweight bout.
Tevin Farmer (14-4-1, 3 KO’s) takes on Noel Echevarria (11-1, 6 KO’s) in an 8 round Featherweight bout.
In six round bouts:
Jarrell Miller (7-0-1, 7 KO’s) will fight Jon Hill (6-4, 5 KO’s) in a Heavyweight bout.
Ievgen Khytrov (1-0, 1 KO) will square off with Roman Barber (4-6, 3 KO’s) in a Middleweight affair.
four round bouts:
Anthony Prescott (2-2-1, 1 KO) will fight Jovan Sosa (1-0) in a welterweight tussle.
Robert Irizarry (0-0-1) will box Arthur Parker (1-9-1, 1 KO) In a Featherweight bout.
Tickets are now on sale for $100 (VIP); $75 (Ringside) and $50 (General Admission) and can be purchased at the Harrahs Philadelphia Gift Shop; By calling Joey Eye (267-304-9399); David Feldman (610-291-0806); 800-480-8020 or on http://www.webtix.net/
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent