- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Freddie Turner Goes For Gold – Aims To Secure Second Title On March 8th
Southern Area Champion Freddie Turner is aiming for further Championship honours in a few weeks time, when he faces Chris ‘Twinny’ Jenkinson for the British Masters Gold Light Middleweight title, at the TRAD TKO Events, in association with Junction 17 Cars and Vic’s Gym, promoted FAST & FURIOUS event at the Cresset in Peterborough on Saturday 8th March 2014.
It’s less than a year since Freddie signed with Johnny Eames and TRAD TKO Events, but in that short period of time Freddie has gone from making one or two outings a year to being a regular feature on TRAD TKO shows, culminating in the Southern Area title clash against longtime holder Nathan Graham in October.
In what was without doubt one of the fights of the year, Freddie reigned victorious, but it was a very close run decision, which was testament to both warriors, who went toe to toe for every second of the ten rounds.
With the Southern Area belt firmly in his custody, Freddie made it clear that he wanted further Championship action as soon as possible, so with a new venue, along with new sponsors in Junction 17 Cars, Johnny obliged by arranging for Freddie to headline TRAD TKO’s first show at the Cresset in Peterborough.
Following a training session, under the watchful eyes of father and son coaching team Jimmy and Mark Tibbs at the TRAD TKO Gym, Freddie spoke of his upcoming showdown with Chris ‘Twinny’ Jenkinson, as well as his Southern Area title victory.
“Yeah that’s right, two fights, two titles, although a lesser one than the Southern Area, but it’s still a title and obviously twelve rounds, which means I have another two rounds to prepare for.
Chris, well he’s a game kid and I see it being a similar fight to the last one, everyone’s going to enjoy it for sure, as they did the last one.
Nathan Graham, that was a tough fight, obviously he was my first live ‘live’ opponent, it’s a massive step from journeyman to live opponent, remember he was the Champion and wanted to keep his title.
I’ve looked back on the fight and think I could have done more, I wasn’t worried, but I wanted to make sure I could do the ten easily enough, I did, I did it easy, had a lot left in the tank, so could have put more in there.
Good finish from Nathan Graham, put me down in the ninth, which was a bit unnerving as I’ve never been down before, but I got up and got through the ninth and won the tenth.
I believe this shows that I am that class now and so Johnny’s done it again and got me another title, this time a step up to twelve rounds, very similar opponent to Nathan, Chris is a very game kid, a former Masters Champion with plenty of pride.
It’s going to be a humdinger, he can punch a bit, which will be exciting for the watching crowd.
Since I signed for the TRAD TKO last year my career has gone from strength to strength, from maybe four rounds twice a year to regular fights and a title, then a little rest over Christmas and straight back again into another title fight, I definitely can’t complain.
It’s a little bit of a distance from the lads, normally my fights are fairly local, so we are laying on coaches for my fans, but anyone that see that last fight knows it’s worth the trip, because you do get a good night, you don’t get to see many fights like that.
People pay their hard earned money to come see me, so I like to give the fans what they want to see, a real good fight.”
Freddie Turner versus Chris Jenkinson, for the British Masters Gold Light Middleweight title, headlines the TRAD TKO Events, in association with Junction 17 Cars and Vic’s Gym, FAST & FURIOUS event at the Cresset in Peterborough on Saturday March 8th.
Tickets, priced £30 (Standard Seated) and £50 (Ringside) are available on line at www.tkoboxoffice.com or in person at the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town or from any of the fighters named. For further information, or to by tickets by phone, call 07960 850645
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing