- Undefeated prospects Rodriguez and Whitaker top fight card at Wolff Stadium in San Antonio, TX, on August 30th
- Bellew: When I fight Cleverly, I’ll retire him
- Open to the public: Chisora and Fury will meet head-to-head on Monday
- Fight Network to Air Extensive Canelo vs. Lara Fight Week Coverage
- Tonight on HBO2 the Extraordinary Life Story of Joe Louis
- Zou Shiming & Gilberto Ramirez on HBO2, July 19 at 5 PM ET/PT
Photos: Gennady Golovkin Lights Up The Golden Globe Awards
Beverly Hills, California (January 14, 2014) Boxing’s fastest rising superstar Gennady “GGG” Golovkin hit the 2014 Golden Globe Awards Sunday night at the Beverly Hills Hilton where he met many Hollywood stars from across the entertainment world.
Among the stars Gennady met were award winning actors, Michael Douglas, Tom Hanks and Matt Damon in addition to Michael K. Williams of Boardwalk Empire (“Chalky White”) and Rex Lee of Entourage (“Lloyd”).
The undefeated WBA/IBO Middleweight World Champion was also present among boxing royalty, “Iron” Mike Tyson and unified Heavyweight World Champion Wladimir Klitschko as well as Hall of Fame Ring Announcer Michael Buffer and HBO Boxing Commentator Jim Lampley.
“It was a tremendous night for Gennady to meet some of his Hollywood idols. We are actively marketing Gennady in the entertainment industry in order to create boxing’s next mainstream star, “said Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions who accompanied Gennady to the gala.
Boasting an extraordinary record of 28-0-0 with 25 knockouts, Golovkin’s impact on the boxing world has been illustrated by the unprecedented rise in broadcast ratings for his title defenses telecast on HBO over the last eighteen months.
Golovkin will be making his 10th world title defense on FEBRUARY 1 against world rated contender Osumanu Adama, 22-3-0 (16KO’s) of Ghana. “GGG” is returning to Monte Carlo where he fought in front of an array of European celebrities last March including Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco and boxing legend “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler.
Golovkin’s previous bout in Monaco on MARCH 30, 2013 resulted in Yahoo Sports’ Knockout of the Year against former world champion Nobuhiro Ishida who had never been previously stopped.
Golovkin has won fifteen fights in a row by knockout, most recently stopping Curtis Stevens on NOVEMBER 2 at Madison Square Garden and his KO ratio of 89.29% is the highest among all active world champions and the highest in the history of the middleweight division.
The Stevens’ knockout completed a sensational year, which saw Golovkin also being named USA Today’s Fighter of the Year.
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Live Stream: Canelo vs Lara Press Conference At 4 ET/1 PT
- Mayweather/Maidana 2 at the MGM Grand in Vegas on Sept 13
- “I Don’t Owe Alvarez Anything Other Than Left Hands!” Blasts Lara
- Iron Mike Productions: “Judgement Day” – Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Let’s give Jesús the Space He’s Earned
- Weights From Miami, Florida: Argenis Mendez, 129.8 vs. Rances Bathelemy 130
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo