- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
- Crawford vs Beltran News Conf in Omaha
Gennady Golovkin vs. Daniel Geale: GGG hits Times Square!
First stop for World Middleweight Champion GENNADY “GGG” GOLOVKIN on Monday afternoon when he arrived in New York City was to check out the massive billboard in Times Square for his highly anticipated World Middleweight Championship against two-time world champion DANIEL “The Real Deal” GEALE, this Saturday, July 26 at The Mecca of Boxing, Madison Square Garden and LIVE on HBO World Championship Boxing ® beginning at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT.
Amidst a huge crowd of fans and supporters, Golovkin took photos and signed autographs before heading to his headquarters for fight week.
Boxing’s fastest rising star, WBA/IBO Middleweight World Champion GENNADY “GGG” GOLOVKIN will defend his titles against two-time world champion DANIEL “The Real Deale” GEALE on Saturday, July 26 at Madison Square Garden and LIVE on HBO World Championship Boxing ® beginning at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT.
“Road to Golovkin/Geale” replays on HBO include: July 22 (12:00 p.m. & 2:55 a.m.), 25 (5:30 p.m. & 1:00 a.m.), and 26 (8:45 a.m.). All times are ET/PT.
Golovkin currently has sixteen knockouts in a row and the highest knockout ratio (89%) among all active champions. Additionally, with his extraordinary growth in viewership on HBO, Golovkin has become a must-see attraction in the international sporting world.
In 2013, Golovkin, 29-0-0 (26KO’s) scored four knockouts, three of which were telecast on HBO to outstanding viewership earning him plaudits for both Fighter of the Year and Knockout of the Year among many media members.
Previously holder of the (‘IBF’) International Boxing Federation Middleweight Title and WBA “Super” Middleweight Title, Geale brings a distinguished record of 30-2-0 (16KO’s) into the world title challenge with Golovkin. Geale is currently ranked # 3 by the World Boxing Association.
Co-featured on “G4” is the WBC World Heavyweight Title Eliminator between undefeated and top rated heavyweights BRYANT “By By” JENNINGS, 18-0-0 (10KO’s), of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and MIKE “The Rebel” PEREZ, 20-0-1 (12KO’s) of Cork, Ireland.
The winner of JENNINGS VS. PEREZ will become the mandatory challenger to WBC Heavyweight Champion BERMANE STIVERNE.
GOLOVKIN VS. GEALE is presented by K2 Promotions, GGG Promotions in association with Gary Shaw Productions and Grange Old School Boxing.
JENNINGS VS. PEREZ is presented by K2 Promotions and Gary Shaw Productions in association with Antonio Leonard Promotions.
Advance tickets priced at $500, $300, $200, $100, $50 and $25 are available at the Madison Square Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster charge by phone (866-858-0008) and online at www.ticketmaster.com and www.thegarden.com
For fight updates on GOLOVKIN VS. GEALE via Social Media, follow HBO Boxing on Twitter at @HBOBoxing and Facebook at /HBOBoxing, in addition to on Twitter at Gennady Golovkin/@GGGBoxing, Daniel Geale/@RealDealGeale, Tom Loeffler – K2 Promotions/ @TomLoeffler1 and Gary Shaw Productions/@GaryShawBoxing. Use the hashtag #GolovkinGeale to join the conversation on Twitter.
For fight updates on JENNINGS VS. PEREZ via Social Media, follow HBO Boxing on Twitter at @HBOBoxing and Facebook at /HBOBoxing, Bryant Jennings on Twitter at @BYJennings, Tom Loeffler/K2 Promotions at @TomLoeffler1 and Gary Shaw Productions at @GaryShawBoxing. Use the hashtag #JenningsPerez to join the conversation on Twitter.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint