- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
- Star Boxing’s “Rockin Fight 15″ to Rock The Paramount New York
- Team Andrade waiting for phone to ring
- Nick Asberry & Ricardo Chavez to test their perfect records on 9.19.14
- Frank Galarza back in action on Saturday
- New Heavyweight Boxing Tourney
Gentlemen, be on the lookout for “Big Baby” Miller
BROOKLYN (June 11, 2014)– On Saturday, June 21, New York’s Jarrell “Big Baby” Miller will fight Mirko Cro Cop in the main event of the GLORY 17 Los Angeles kickboxing card to air on SPIKE TV, from the Forum in LA.
But Miller, a 260 pounder who is at the top of the ladder in the kickboxing world, wants everyone to know he will continue climbing the ranks in the boxing sphere, as a heavyweight superstar-in-the-making.
Now 9-0, with 9 KOs in the squared circle, Miller is also 22-1 as a kick boxer.
He has some unfinished business with Cro Cop, who he fought back in March 2013. Miller lost a heavily disputed decision; he’s now intent on righting that wrong, and then resetting his sights on the heavyweight championship.
The Brooklyn resident fights for promoter Dmitriy Salitas’ Star of David Promotions on boxing cards. Promoter Salita believes he has a New York talent who can follow in the footsteps of other Brooklyn legends, like Mike Tyson and Riddick Bowe.
“Jarrell fought on my boxing show May 15 and looked spectacular in scoring a second round TKO victory,” Salita said. “We were working on his next fight when we got a call to fight Cro Cop in a rematch. Jarrell hasn’t kick-boxed in awhile and is fully focused on boxing but he has a strong desire to get revenge, so he can focus completely on boxing.”
Miller took part in the Spike “Guys Choice” awards show, which airs on Spike June 11 (9 PM ET), and was in the mix of all the “pandemonium” which will be on display in this celebration of dudes and the chicks they dig. He mixed and mingled with “The Walking Dead” cast, Cheech and Chong, and Kevin Hart, as well as some swimsuit models, he reported. “It was cool stuff!” he said.
After “Big Baby” tosses Cro Cop around like a stuffed animal, he aims to get back to the business of boxing. “I aim to be 15-0 by the end of the year, and to eat at least 300 cheeseburgers before the year is over,” Miller stated, “while having six pack abs! Mmmm, can you say cheeseburger!?”
The charismatic Miller fights Cro Cop (22-8; from Croatia) on June 21 (8 PM ET) in Inglewood, CA.
Check the Star of David website regularly for information on the next action-packed show, including details on Miller’s next appearance on a Salita boxing card.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things