- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
- Full Card Announced For Golden Boy Live! Card In Fairfield, Calif
- Rising Minnesota Prospects Look To Impress Friday Night At Grand Casino Hinckley
Gethin In Saddlers Visit Ahead of Title Defence
British Champion, Martin Gethin, warmed up for his upcoming clash with Derry Mathews by making a half-time appearance at his beloved Walsall FC on Saturday.
The 30 year-old takes on the former British Champion at the Liverpool Olympia on Saturday, 10th May.
The pair went head-to-head at a press conference to promote the fight yesterday where it was confirmed that Gethin’s British strap would now be on the line instead of the vacant WBA Intercontinental Lightweight Title.
On Saturday, the ‘Quiet Man’ watched The Saddlers slip to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Bristol City.
Despite the result, Gethin enjoyed his afternoon at the Banks’s Stadium and is eager to ensure that the Lord Lonsdale belt stays in Walsall.
“I always enjoy watching my team play,” Gethin told www.uko-boxing.com. “I’m friends with a lot of people at the club, so great to have their support.
“I’ve read that Derry is hoping for a Merseyside double with him beating me and Liverpool winning the Premier League. Well, I’ve got news for him. It will be the red of Walsall that will come out on top on the 10th May!”
Gethin has been enjoying weekly work-outs with Walsall FC Strength & Conditioning Coach, Dean Harris, in the build-up to ‘All Or Nothing’. The Walsall boxer has been working closely with Harris and is already feeling the benefits.
“It’s great to have Dean on board,” he added. “He’s a very knowledgeable guy who is honing my physique and I can really feel the difference.”
Tickets for Gethin’s clash with Mathews are priced at £40 unreserved and £60 Ringside and are available Box Office 0151 263 6633 and www.liverpoololympia.com
The show will also be televised live and exclusive on The Channel Of Champions BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Santa Cruz feels pressure of fighting in co-feature on Mayweather-Maidana 2 card
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Brook pushing hard for Khan fight