- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
GH3 Douglas, Odom and Ellison look to stay undefeated this Friday in Parsippany
NUTLEY, NJ (APRIL 3, 2014)–This Friday night in Parsippany, NJ at the Parsippany PAL, GH3 Promotions in association with Greg Cohen Promotions will put on a great night of boxing that will feature three of the top prospects in the GH3 Promotions stable.
Undefeated Middleweight Antoine Douglas (13-0, 8 KO’s); Super Middleweight Jerry Odom (9-0, 9 KO’s) & Super Featherweight Wanzell Ellison (10-0-1, 5 KO’s) will all be in action with Douglas headlining in the 10-round main event while Odom and Ellison will see action in 6-round bouts.
The show will be streamed live on www.gfl.tv for just $9.99.
Douglas will take on former world title challenger Luca Messi.
Douglas of Burke, Virginia is coming off a 1st round stoppage over Jeremy Yelton on March 15th.
Douglas is not an awe of Messi, who sports a record of 37-9-1 with 13 knockouts.
“He has a lot of experience but his opposition was precise and he did not perform against the better opposition,”said Douglas.
“All i know that he is 5’7″ and I know I have a height and reach advantage.”
Douglas gained national recognition when he scored a 8-round unanimous decision over undefeated Marquis Davis on January 17 that shown throughout the country on ShoBox.
“Since the fight on ShoBox, I have been getting a lot of buzz and I feel after two or three more fights, I will be ready for the significant fights that will shape my future,”finished Douglas.
Odom of Bowie, Maryland will take on Dougas Otieno Okola (24-8, 12 KO’s) of Nairobi, Kenya.
“My training went well,” said Odom, who is coming off a 2nd round stoppage of William Gill on March 15.
Despite fighting less than 3 weeks later, Odom is continuing to hit his stride.
“I just made an adjustment to be fighting so soon. I only know that my
opponent is a southpaw.”
Odom has a perfect knockout streak but unlike most fighters, the early win is not on his mind.
“I don’t think about the knockouts. If it happens, it happens. I know I have that talent so the knockouts do not surprise me. I just do my due diligence in the ring. Each fight I look forward to going rounds. I have never underestimate anyone i fight,” finished Odom.
Ellison of Newark, NJ will take part in a six round bout against English import and undefeated Iain Weaver (5-0, 3 KO’s).
“Everything is good and I am ready to fight,”said Ellison.
Ellison has seen very little of Weaver but he knows enough to know what to expect.
“I know he is a southpaw from the United Kingdom. He is a slick boxer that is not very aggressive.”
Going into his 12th fight, Ellison knows that the best is yet to come.
“My confidence is growing with each fight. I continue to learn more and more and now I am very comfortable in the ring and I just let my performance speak for itself. Hopefully by the end of the year I will start being in 8 & 10 round fights but that is up to my promoter but I am always in shape. All the hard work, the running the sparring is done. I am just waiting to prove to everybody that I am the best 130-pound fighter in the world,” Finished Ellison.
In six round bouts:
In a Lightweight bout, Mikey Faragon (19-0, 9 KO’s) of Guilderland, NY will fight Anthony Flores (10-4-1, 6 KO’s) of Philadelphia.
Patrick Farrell (9-2-1, 6 KO’s) of Jersey City, NJ will take on James Guy (1-0, 1 NC) in a Cruiserweight bout.
In four round bouts:
Rickey Edwards (4-0, 2 KO’s) of Paterson, NJ will fight Carlos Nieves (0-5) of Bronx, NY in a Lightweight bout.
Tyrell Wright (4-0, 3 KO’s) of Jersey City, NJ will tussle with Dan Bolden (1-2, 1 KO) of Louisiana in a Heavyweight fight.
Light Heavyweight Angel Concepcion (5-0) of Newark, NJ will square off with Jerrod Caldwell (2-6-2, 1 KO) of Gainesville, FL.
John Magda (5-0, 4 KO’s) of Rutherford, NJ will fight Craig Schwallier (2-1, 2 KO’s) of Grand Rapids, MI in a Super Middleweight affair.
Patrick O’Connor (1-0) will box Aaron Bratton (1-1) of Baltimore, MD in a Heavyweight bout.
Tickets for this great evening of boxing are $100 for VIP Ringside, $75 for Ringside and $40 for General Admission and can be purchased by calling 1-866-612-4191.
The 1st bell is at 7 pm with the doors opening at 6 pm.
The Parsippany P.A.L is located at 33 Baldwin Road in Parsippany, NJ.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things