- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
- Full Card Announced For Golden Boy Live! Card In Fairfield, Calif
- Rising Minnesota Prospects Look To Impress Friday Night At Grand Casino Hinckley
Gumliiska Out – Horakova To Challenge Marston For WBU Title
Mr. Vencislav Nikolov, General Secretary of the Professional Boxing League of Bulgaria, recently informed the WBU Europe office, in London, UK, that they are unable to provide permission for Galina Gumliiska to box England’s Marianne Marston for the World Boxing Union European Super Bantamweight Championship in London this coming weekend, due to a medical issue.
Following attempts to find a suitable replacement at Super Bantamweight, Promoter Mr David Murphy successfully applied for a change of division, as such Ms. Marston will now be boxing Czech Republic’s #1 ranked Hana Horakova for the World Boxing Union European Featherweight Championship, at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London this coming Saturday.
Speaking from the WBU head office in Atlanta, Georgia, World Boxing Union President Mr Don Lewis said.
“It is unfortunate that Galina has been forced to withdraw, however based on the information supplied by Mr. Nikolov it is clear it would have been irresponsible to have allowed the fight to go ahead.
As Hana is unable to make the Super Bantamweight Championship weight limit, we have authorised the revised bout to be for the Featherweight championship.
I have been informed that Marianne is already within the Super Bantamweight weight limits, but is willing to compete at Featherweight, even though this will give a major weight advantage to Hana.
I am pleased that all involved have worked together to ensure that this historic bout goes ahead on Saturday.
I know both fighters, they are both true warriors that always give a hundred and ten percent, it will be a very exciting all action affair..”
Marianne Marston versus Hana Horakova, for the WBU European Featherweight title, co-headlines the Dave Murphy Acourtier Events WARZONE Event, which takes place at York Hall in Bethnal Green in London on Saturday, 1st March 2014.
Tickets, priced £35 (Standard Seated) & £60 (Ringside) are available the Acourtier Events ticket line on 07960 850645 or on-line at www.acourtier.com
Please go online to www.wbuboxing.orgor www.wbueurope.eu for additional information on upcoming WBU and WBU Europe sanctioned title fights.
Follow WBU and WBU Europe on Twitter @WBUEurope & @TheRealWBU – friend us at www.facebook.com/WBUEurope- www.facebook.com/WorldBoxingUnionand on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/wbu-europe
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Santa Cruz feels pressure of fighting in co-feature on Mayweather-Maidana 2 card
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Brook pushing hard for Khan fight