- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
Hanks and Rossy On Rodriguez/Alcine Undercard
Star Boxing & Choko Boxing are proud to announce the addition of a heavyweight co-feature bout on the highly acclaimed ESPN broadcast of Delvin RODRIGUEZ vs Joachim “Ti-Joa” Alcine on May 16th as part of five professional fights at Montreal’s Olympic Stadium.
This Starlight Children’s Foundation Charity Event exclusively for 1500 fans will be a home run!
As announced earlier this week, the two hour live ESPN broadcast that will take place on Friday May 16 will showcase the Light Middleweight 10 round Main Event between STAR BOXING fighter Delvin RODRIGUEZ (28-7-1-21Ko) vs Montrealer & former WBA World Champion Joachim “Ti-Joa” ALCINE (35-7-1-21Ko).
Heavyweights Joe Hanks (21-1 14KO) Los Angeles, CA and Derric Rossy (28-8 14KO) Yonkers, NY, will square off in a bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
Joe Hanks is considered to be one of America’s top Heavyweight prospects. His only loss came at the hands of fellow undefeated prospect Andy Ruiz, a bout that was held in Macau, China in 2013. Hanks was an outstanding amateur winning many regional titles and is known for having extremely fast hands and good punching power.
Derric Rossy has fought many world-rated contenders including Fres Oquendo, Kubrat Pulev, and Eddie Chambers, and is the former NABO Heavyweight Championing defeating former World Champion Ray Mercer. Derric has also been the chief sparring partner for Alexander Potvetkin and is considered to have exceptional boxing skills. Both fighters understand the importance of this fight. The winner will place himself in an outstanding position for a high profile bout.
As for the main event, we can expect the Rodriguez-Alcine’s fight to be full of excitement. Alcine – known as – Ti Joa, won his two last fights by TKO and is in great shape. After brilliant confrontations against Québécois David Lemieux and Stéphane Ouellet, the crowd should be pleased to see him perform at home once again.
Delvin Rodriguez is one of ESPN’s most recognized fighters. His famous FIGHT OF THE YEAR battle against Pawel Wolak still electrifies fans on replays! Rodriguez’ last fight was against future Hall of Famer Miguel COTTO.
Overall, this promises to be a memorable event since the “Big O” hasn’t hosted professional boxing for almost 35 years. The last fight at “The Big O” was the famous Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard megafight in June of 1980, an event that became one of the greatest boxing confrontations in history. All profits will be given to the Starlight Children Foundation.
Tickets are available through the Admission network www.admission.com 1-855-790-1245
Tickets: $54 Stands/ $110 Floor/$195 VIP with beverage service
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent